Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronic water softeners e.g. Vulcan 3000 - how effective?

The problem as has been mentioned here before, is that it does not remove
the limescale. What they tend to do is make them clump together in larger
lumps and fall into the bottom of the pipe. I can only guess what might
happen in a few years.
Think about it, most use a chemical action to bind to and remove the
stuff, this uses a magnetic and electrostatic filled to stick the bits
together? You end up with what happens to magnets or high voltage sources.
The magnets get ferrous metal debris stuck to them and the old crt screens
gathered dust like well a magnet, except that its electrostatic not
magnetism.

Where else can it really go but somewhere in the plumbing?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"save our h2o" wrote in message
Worked the first day I used Eddy. Our water was super hard verified by the
water company that tested it. There's a big difference in the wash
especially the jeans. They used to come out stiff and wrinkled and now they
are so soft and wrinkle free. Our utensils are so much shinier. No scum. My
hair feels a lot better too. Of course, we have to clean off the old scum on
everything, it won't remove the stuff that's already there. If you don't see
a difference, check your installation. You have to make sure everything is
spaced correctly and the wires are all wrapped in the same direction.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm surprised Russ Andrews does not sell them, with oxygen free wire of
course, and don't forget the gold plated copper pipe.
Seriously, they only work for a short time because the clump the limescale
together near the field. its just building up somewhere else, that is all,
it has to be as its got nowhere else to go!

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
save our h2o wrote:

Worked

So, are you Edward B. Goehring or Natalie Bridges?