DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cabling behind dry walling (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/582084-cabling-behind-dry-walling.html)

Tricky Dicky[_4_] November 28th 16 08:45 PM

Cabling behind dry walling

My daughter wants some cables for the TV buried in the wall which I am hoping to get away with just pushing them down in the gap. However it looks like I will need to add a spur socket behind the TV and was wondering whether I can pass the T&E down the gap or do I need to cap it thus requiring to cut away the PB?

Richard

Tim Watts[_3_] November 28th 16 09:47 PM

Cabling behind dry walling

On 28/11/16 20:45, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My daughter wants some cables for the TV buried in the wall which I am hoping to get away with just pushing them down in the gap. However it looks like I will need to add a spur socket behind the TV and was wondering whether I can pass the T&E down the gap or do I need to cap it thus requiring to cut away the PB?

Richard

No you don't need to cap it.

Adrian Caspersz November 28th 16 10:02 PM

Cabling behind dry walling

On 28/11/16 20:45, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My daughter wants some cables for the TV buried in the wall which I
am hoping to get away with just pushing them down in the gap. However
it looks like I will need to add a spur socket behind the TV and was
wondering whether I can pass the T&E down the gap or do I need to cap
it thus requiring to cut away the PB?

In a few years moving images as entertainment will be delivered to the
subconscious while we are asleep "watching" them. So much like real
life, the need for such television things mounted on walls inside houses
will fade away....

.... as has happened. At the moment I'm watching this "usenet time
traveller" series about this daft loser called 'Adrian C' who goes back
in time and types silly things on usenet. It's really realistic, all
most like I'm really there...

--
Adrian C

John Rumm November 30th 16 11:33 AM

Cabling behind dry walling

On 28/11/2016 20:45, Tricky Dicky wrote:
My daughter wants some cables for the TV buried in the wall which I
am hoping to get away with just pushing them down in the gap. However
it looks like I will need to add a spur socket behind the TV and was
wondering whether I can pass the T&E down the gap or do I need to cap
it thus requiring to cut away the PB?

As long as its inline with the socket etc, then it needs no additional
protection.

(it should be on a RCD protected circuit though).

--
Cheers,

John.