DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Recommendations for gas strut supplier? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/581867-recommendations-gas-strut-supplier.html)

[email protected] November 23rd 16 02:10 PM

Recommendations for gas strut supplier?

I need to change the tailgate gas struts on a Hyundai i20 - prices for a
pair seem to range between about £24 and £90. Are there any makes or
suppliers to look for or avoid?

Dave Plowman (News) November 23rd 16 03:29 PM

Recommendations for gas strut supplier?

In article ,
wrote:
I need to change the tailgate gas struts on a Hyundai i20 - prices for a
pair seem to range between about £24 and £90. Are there any makes or
suppliers to look for or avoid?

The Rover SD1 club have been through all this with the bonnet struts.
There's rather more to it than it seems at first glance - or rather is
with those. Also how well they cope with varying temperatures. Cheap ones
strong enough to hold it up on a very cold day may whack you in the face
on a hot one. And so on.

I'd try and find a forum or Facebook group dedicated to your model and see
what the consensus is there.

--
*When chemists die, they barium.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Mrcheerful November 23rd 16 04:17 PM

On 23/11/2016 14:10, wrote:
I need to change the tailgate gas struts on a Hyundai i20 - prices for a
pair seem to range between about £24 and £90. Are there any makes or
suppliers to look for or avoid?

I and my customers have been happy with several different sets of struts
from sgs-engineering.com 2 year guarantee as well. quick service too.

[email protected] November 24th 16 09:00 AM

On 23/11/2016 16:17, MrCheerful wrote:
On 23/11/2016 14:10, wrote:
I need to change the tailgate gas struts on a Hyundai i20 - prices for a
pair seem to range between about £24 and £90. Are there any makes or
suppliers to look for or avoid?

I and my customers have been happy with several different sets of struts
from sgs-engineering.com 2 year guarantee as well. quick service too.

Thanks! They were helpful on the phone, the prices aren't much more
expensive than eBay and they have a 2 year warranty - order placed.