DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Painting Over Conti Board (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/572-painting-over-conti-board.html)

spog July 23rd 03 08:28 PM

Painting Over Conti Board

Whilst doing a bit of touching-up, I discovered that the genius who
extended my front hallway used white conti board to line the inside of
the walls and then plastered over it (for god's sake, why?)

A bit of sanding has revealed some of the white board and I need to
cover it up. Now if I start to key it using a sander, more and more
will get revealed as the plaster doesn't stick to it very well and
I'll end up doing the whole damn wall.

However, if I can paint over it I can make the best of a bad job
(ideally, I'd put a thin layer of some plaster-like material). But
emulsion isn't going to be too keen to stick to plastic.

Can anyone help with a suggestion for something to go over the
contiboard first?

Thanks

spog

BigWallop July 24th 03 01:25 PM

Painting Over Conti Board

"spog" wrote in message
Whilst doing a bit of touching-up, I discovered that the genius who
extended my front hallway used white conti board to line the inside of
the walls and then plastered over it (for god's sake, why?)

A bit of sanding has revealed some of the white board and I need to
cover it up. Now if I start to key it using a sander, more and more
will get revealed as the plaster doesn't stick to it very well and
I'll end up doing the whole damn wall.

However, if I can paint over it I can make the best of a bad job
(ideally, I'd put a thin layer of some plaster-like material). But
emulsion isn't going to be too keen to stick to plastic.

Can anyone help with a suggestion for something to go over the
contiboard first?

Thanks

spog

Hi Spog,

Heavy duty lining paper applied with a watery paste mix to allow it to
stretch. Once it dries out, it should tighten up enough to cover the pretty
bad blemishes. Wallpaper paste seems to stick to Conti-Board if memory
serves correctly and paper is always a good base for paint.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com