DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HardiBacker Board (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/5472-hardibacker-board.html)

BIGEYE January 22nd 04 10:49 PM

HardiBacker Board

Anyone used HardiBacker board as tile backing in shower cubicle? Tile
supplier is recommending using this instead of Aquapanel.
Should I nail this straight to the cement wall (which has a 3 mm scim of
plaster) or should I use some sort of adhesive.
I would prefer to use the adhesive, but dont know what adhesive I should be
using.
Appreciate any advice.
TIA

stuart noble January 23rd 04 08:04 AM

HardiBacker Board

BIGEYE wrote in message ...
Anyone used HardiBacker board as tile backing in shower cubicle? Tile
supplier is recommending using this instead of Aquapanel.
Should I nail this straight to the cement wall (which has a 3 mm scim of
plaster) or should I use some sort of adhesive.
I would prefer to use the adhesive, but dont know what adhesive I should be
using.
Appreciate any advice.
TIA

I used dabs of plasterboard adhesive, which comes as a powder. The suction
holds Aquapanel boards well despite the extra weight.