BigWallop

Default French Windows - Draught and Weather sealing by design ?

"Nicholas" wrote in message
Hi

I'm making some French Windows (42mm softwood) and want to know the
best available weather/draught seal that I can incorporate into the
design.

None of the members are cut yet so I can cut a groove if necessary.

TIA

Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

The best method is to overlap all the edges and fit some cushion foam
draught excluder around them so that it fits together tightly. How are you
securing them ?

jerrybuilt

Nicholas wrote:
I'm making some French Windows (42mm softwood) and want to know
the best available weather/draught seal that I can incorporate
into the design.

You might find some ideas at http://www.mighton.com - this firm
deals with sash windows, but there are some seal ideas there.

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com

Christian McArdle

You might find some ideas at http://www.mighton.com - this firm
deals with sash windows, but there are some seal ideas there.

I'd make that www.mighton.co.uk, unless you want a nifty Canadian electrical
version. ;-)

Christian.

jerrybuilt

Christian McArdle wrote:
jerrybuilt wrote
You might find some ideas at http://www.mighton.com - this firm
deals with sash windows, but there are some seal ideas there.

I'd make that www.mighton.co.uk, unless you want a nifty
Canadian electrical version. ;-)

Thank you for spotting that mistake, Mr. McArdle.

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com