DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dry lining boxes (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/5356-dry-lining-boxes.html)

John Horne January 19th 04 12:47 PM

Dry lining boxes

I am installing some dry lining electrical boxes. Unlike metal patresses there
is no connection for the earth/cpc? What should I do with the earth wire?

The Natural Philosopher January 19th 04 12:59 PM

Dry lining boxes

John Horne wrote:

I am installing some dry lining electrical boxes. Unlike metal patresses there
is no connection for the earth/cpc? What should I do with the earth wire?

Take it straight to the earth terminal on the socket. If its e.g. a
light switch in plastic with no earth, just use a terminal block to
connect all teh reaths together and tuck in the box where it won';t
short. Use plenty of sleecving on the earth wires.