IMM

Default Was: Moss/Lichen on roof, now we are into pollution.

IMM wrote:

One thing I have learnt
well in life is that people will defend to the hilt whoever pays their

wages
. They even tell themselves lies and then believe it.

Yah...well...no...fine ! :-)

Confused eh!

And who pays YOUR wages? Phony Liar?

Who is he or her?

---

Andy Hall

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:43:51 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Its called 'Progress and equality in educayshun'

The basic idea is to wreck teh snotty unis and teh grammare schools to
appeas teh Laber Votahs who think that not being stupid is some kind of
clarss privilege.

I can just hear Janet Street Porter saying that,........

Whilst most of the Laber MP's send their kids to private schools (on tax
payers money)a nd went to them themselves, or at least snotty grammar
schools, before going free to univesrity (on taxpayers money).

Its normal 'animal farm' stuff. Everybody is equally miserable, stupid
and badly educated, except for the Party Elite, who simply become teh
new aristocracy, just like in the Soviet Union.

One wouldn't mind, except they are so BAD at it.

... and amazingly seem to believe that they have everybody fooled into
believing it.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

..it works by itself and reasons by itself. Have you got the 2004 colour
bumper edition of How Things Work?

No, but its obvious you have.

---

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

"Rod Hewitt" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in
:

I lived in the Middle East, where air controllers would drop the
controls to face Mecca and prey as planes were flying all over the
place around the airport and about to land. I saw it in front of me,
with pilots screaming down the radio to them. Many pilots would abort
and fly to safety. Atoms for peace my arse!!! Putting this sort of
equipment in the hands of such people is madness. In 1st world
countries they can't even get it right, what chance in the third
world, where logic and values are very different.

Makes you wonder why the controllers aren't set up to face Mecca at their
stations? At least they would be in the right orientation when they get up
again. (I have seen similar but luckily only in computer operations rooms
and similar - nothing that critical.)

The tower didn't face Mecca, they have to turn around. Even if it did face
Mecca no one paying attention makes no difference. I have seen civilian
planes nearly hit hawk arrestors because of these dickheads.

I think the word you are searching for is towel heads. Or sand ******s.

Nce to see your racism index up there in the 90's along with the rest of your prejudices.

Are you SURE you didn't vote Tory?

---

The Natural Philosopher

Default victorian/edwardian houses or new houses?

IMM wrote:

It gets better and better....

It's all down to those new fangled polymerised timber trees they

grow

now.... that where you get plastic wood from you know ;-)

Don't be silly John. Everyone knows its because all the timbers now

go

to university and get a certificate of Political Correctness.

So they are full of saps, then?

Let's not branch out on that one....

How else are we going to get the root of the problem?

Easy, take a leaf out of my book..

What would be the resin for that?

Get knotted.

I'm stumped!

No surprises, there then.

---

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:38:12 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

Now stop trying to make out I went to a snotty one. I never.

I think that your last sentence confirms suspicions regarding your
education......

Exactly! I never went to a snot!

I doubt whether you completed any formal education. Your thought
processes don't appear to follow those of anybody that I know who
attended any kind of university, snotty or not, in any discipline.

You would be more convincing were you to enlighten us regarding
location and course. I won't even embarrass you by asking about the
class of your alleged degree......

I told you. Its broadmoor. He keeps hearing these voices.

Those Voices? What voice do you hear?

you, not me.

---

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

We are all men of limited intelligence, some however, are more limited
than others.

You are....so true.

I try to be..true...to myself.

---

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Its called 'Progress and equality in educayshun'

The basic idea is to wreck teh snotty unis and teh grammare schools to
appeas teh Laber Votahs who think that not being stupid is some kind of
clarss privilege.

I can just hear Janet Street Porter saying that,........

Whilst most of the Laber MP's send their kids to private schools (on tax
payers money)a nd went to them themselves, or at least snotty grammar
schools, before going free to univesrity (on taxpayers money).

Its normal 'animal farm' stuff. Everybody is equally miserable, stupid
and badly educated, except for the Party Elite, who simply become teh
new aristocracy, just like in the Soviet Union.

One wouldn't mind, except they are so BAD at it.

.. and amazingly seem to believe that they have everybody fooled into
believing it.

Look at IMM. They have.

Remember he is more represntative than those of us who (gasp) can use
computers, and do D-I-Y.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

IMM

IMM wrote:

It gets better and better....

It's all down to those new fangled polymerised timber trees they

grow

now.... that where you get plastic wood from you know ;-)

Don't be silly John. Everyone knows its because all the timbers

now

go

to university and get a certificate of Political Correctness.

So they are full of saps, then?

Let's not branch out on that one....

How else are we going to get the root of the problem?

Easy, take a leaf out of my book..

What would be the resin for that?

Get knotted.

I'm stumped!

No surprises, there then.

You never do surprise me.

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

..it works by itself and reasons by itself. Have you got the 2004

colour
bumper edition of How Things Work?

No, but its obvious you have.

Have you been sneaking?

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:38:12 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

Now stop trying to make out I went to a snotty one. I never.

I think that your last sentence confirms suspicions regarding your
education......

Exactly! I never went to a snot!

I doubt whether you completed any formal education. Your thought
processes don't appear to follow those of anybody that I know who
attended any kind of university, snotty or not, in any discipline.

You would be more convincing were you to enlighten us regarding
location and course. I won't even embarrass you by asking about the
class of your alleged degree......

I told you. Its broadmoor. He keeps hearing these voices.

Those Voices? What voice do you hear?

you, not me.

You keep hearing me? Do you dream of me too?

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

We are all men of limited intelligence, some however, are more limited
than others.

You are....so true.

I try to be..true...to myself.

Are the voices still there?

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

"Rod Hewitt" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in
:

[...]

They were referred to as Rag Heads.

Nce to see your racism index up there in the 90's along with the rest of

your prejudices.

I never came out a racist comment. I am the most unprejudiced person in the
world.

Are you SURE you didn't vote Tory?

No. racism is synomimous with Tory.

---

Dave Plowman

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
What would be the resin for that?

Get knotted.

I'm stumped!

No surprises, there then.

But the first time he's admitted it?

--
*Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Franz Heymann

"IMM" wrote in message

We are all men of limited intelligence, some however, are more limited
than others.

You are....so true.

{:-))

Franz

Franz Heymann

Franz Heymann wrote:

In particular, all the material which is said to be
difficult to store (spuriously so) can be transmuted into short lived
radioactive materials. ( Stuff which is typically rendered safe within

days
or less). The suggestion was originally made a few years ago by a Nobel
prize winning physicist, Carlo Rubbia and has been analysed in great

detail
by a group of high energy particle physicists, The process has been

shown to
be entirely feasible.

I would be intensely interested in any material on the web that you
could direct my attention to, concerning this.

I don't know if it is anywhere on the web. It has been written up as
Laboratory Reports, and in the international professional physics journals.
I will hunt to see if I find anything on the net.

If it is true, it needs serious evaluation.

It has been evaluated seriously in the physics community.

What you aretalking about is essentially ';sterilisation' of long lived
isotopes by blasting them in and around a recator into presumably
somewhat 'hotter' but less enduring isotopes, that could be stuck
somewhere for ten years, and then be 'cold' enough to dispose of in more
normal ways?

Very roughly, yes. But I am talking of stashing the stuff for weeks or
months, not decades.

Franz

Martin Brown

In message , Franz Heymann
writes

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
In message , Franz Heymann
writes

tritium around. Tritium is a gas and it has a long half life. It scares
the pants off me.

Tritium isn't all that bad. Its half life of about 12 years is short
compared to millenia for fission waste. Tritium is a beta emitter with
18keV electron decay and there is quite a market in tritiated plastics
for permanent glow in the dark (and still some requirement for H-bomb
initiators). Emergency lighting in some applications is based on it.

I am quite happy about making sensible use of the tritium which one manages
to capture. My worry is the stuff which escapes into the atmosphere.
Remember it is a gas.

It is also very much lighter than air and so as a gas is rapidly off up
into the stratosphere and can escape. You need to worry when it reacts
with oxygen to form tritiated water - then it can get into the food
chain and do real damage.

To put this radioactivity into perspective 18keV electrons are only a
little bit more energetic than the electron beam inside a colour TV
tube.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown
Franz Heymann

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

[snip]

I would be intensely interested in any material on the web that you
could direct my attention to, concerning this.

I have now had a quick look with Google, using the search terms - Rubbia
radioactive waste - and found a fair selection of papers.
Researh on this process is going on in Holland and in Russia. (And probably
elsewhere as well)
The main motivation for it was originally that it would be a way of getting
rid of the plutomium, and hence eliminate the possibility of that material
getting into the hands of potential troublemakers.

[snip]

Franz

Your thoughts on build standard of 1950s council houses Mike Mitchell UK diy 18 January 14th 21 08:39 PM
water pipes in new houses David UK diy 21 October 27th 03 10:20 AM
New Houses John Smith UK diy 26 October 19th 03 03:16 PM
U values for older houses ? Paul(Retired) UK diy 4 September 10th 03 03:37 PM
those metal plates that cover windows and doors in abandoned houses Muddy Paws UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 02:58 PM