DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Laminate flooring in bathroom (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/4901-laminate-flooring-bathroom.html)

Trevor Smith January 6th 04 03:47 PM

Laminate flooring in bathroom

I'm intending to lay Floormaster Loc laminated tiling in a new shower room
(suspended wood floor). The product is recommended for domestic bathroom
use but my question is should I lay it under the shower tray or should I cut
around it. The B&Q helpline say it will be okay to put it underneath as
long as I don't screw or nail it down. Laminate flooring is laid as a
floating floor so will the shower tray (cast stone) allow sufficient
movement once it's sealed in?

Christian McArdle January 6th 04 03:58 PM

Laminate flooring in bathroom

I'm intending to lay Floormaster Loc laminated tiling in a new
shower room (suspended wood floor).

I wouldn't lay under it. Laminate in bathrooms has a limited lifespan, even
if you remember to glue the proper waterproof stuff. It would be hell to try
to get the old manky stuff out from underneath a shower tray.

Christian.