Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jonathan Peters

Default Digital set-top boxes (slightly O/T) - weak signal area.

Hi.

Been thinking about digital TV as I don't want satellite, or any
subscriptions over and above the licence fee, bit would welcome some
of the digital free-to-air channels.

In my area, the signal isn't too good. However, with a signal
booster, all the analogue channels come through perfectly.

The BBC's web page says that my area is marginal for digital
broadcasts (with some localities unsuitable owing to terrain) but I
was wondering if the booster I use for analogue transmissions would
also deal with the digital signal.

My original idea was to buy one of the boxes from Argos and see if it
worked; I could then take it back for a refund if it didn't.
Unfortunately, these items are excluded from Argos' 15-day money-back
guarantee, which leaves me kinda stuck.

Has anyone got any advice about this?

TIA,

Jon