noname

Default how can we stop or block phil the £$%£$

Any one been able to trace this £$£"$" Phil who keep spamming this group

Any way to trace this guy and get him banned?

Also is there any anti spam software available for news clients like there
is for email clients.

Toby

noname wrote:
Any one been able to trace this £$£"$" Phil who keep spamming this
group

Any way to trace this guy and get him banned?

Also is there any anti spam software available for news clients like
there is for email clients.

Seeing as you use OE6, just add anyone you don't like to your blocked
senders list.
Menu | Message Block Sender...

And then don't post replies to any crappy messages.

--
Toby.

Jerry.

"noname" wrote in message
snip

Also is there any anti spam software available for news clients like there
is for email clients.

What, apart from learning to use the software you posted the above message
from you mean [1] ?

Yes but see below first !

[1] Clue - Message Rules 'Create Rule From Message' or 'Block
Sender'.....

noname

Very funny guys, yes I know that, but is that not a bit manual?? What when
he changes his name? Not exactly thought out for long-term use eh !!!!

I have seen people talking about blocking all cross posted articles, how is
this done (different clients if so which ones ?), are there any news client
proxies available?

"Jerry." wrote in message

"noname" wrote in message
snip

Also is there any anti spam software available for news clients like

there
is for email clients.

What, apart from learning to use the software you posted the above message
from you mean [1] ?

Yes but see below first !

[1] Clue - Message Rules 'Create Rule From Message' or 'Block
Sender'.....

Jerry.

"noname" wrote in message
Very funny guys, yes I know that, but is that not a bit manual?? What when
he changes his name? Not exactly thought out for long-term use eh !!!!

I have seen people talking about blocking all cross posted articles, how

is
this done (different clients if so which ones ?), are there any news

client
proxies available?

The best approach is starvation, the 'Phil the jerk' type idiot want (need)
people to reply, if you ignore their crap and just quietly kill file them
they will soon move to pastures new. Even if they have their ISP account
cancelled it's all to easy to obtain another, and there are plenty of ISP's
who don't care what their members (customers) post as long as the money
keeps coming in....

It's all to easy for idiots to be 'wanta-be-trolls' these days, and not very
good ones at that. :~(

Paul Mc Cann

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 19:39:01 -0000, "noname"
wrote:

Any one been able to trace this £$£"$" Phil who keep spamming this group

Any way to trace this guy and get him banned?

Also is there any anti spam software available for news clients like there
is for email clients.

He does keep changing his name. I've given up kill filing on name or
message title. I just group messages by sender and delete the b******s
mindless drivel in one fell swope. Very satisfying.

Paul Mc Cann

Mitre Stop Available Anywhere . Stuart UK diy 2 December 25th 03 10:22 AM
Replacing a BT (GPO) Block Terminal Ant Harris UK diy 14 November 2nd 03 04:26 PM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM
Slow leak on compression joint - can't access stop cock The Natural Philosopher UK diy 4 July 10th 03 02:34 PM