DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Myson Compact CP61 for Potterton Combi80 boiler (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/4410-myson-compact-cp61-potterton-combi80-boiler.html)

paul December 15th 03 07:22 PM

Myson Compact CP61 for Potterton Combi80 boiler

I am searching for a Myson compact CP61 pump for a potterton combi 80
boiler but seem to be having problems finding one. Does anybody know
either a) Where I can get on or b)if there is a suitable replacement
that can be used?

Many Thanks

Paul

Clive Long,UK December 15th 03 10:44 PM

(paul) wrote in message . com...
I am searching for a Myson compact CP61 pump for a potterton combi 80
boiler but seem to be having problems finding one. Does anybody know
either a) Where I can get on or b)if there is a suitable replacement
that can be used?

Many Thanks

Paul

Paul,

Where are you based? The supplier of these pumps kept on changing
names. I think these were originally bulk installed by British Gas.
Also I think Potterton had some tie up. Very confusing trail on the
Web.

I got a CP53 from FMT (Fountian Mayes Thomson?) in Whetstone. Also
in Chelmsford and Ilford. I seem to remember the pump designation was
also IP53 ?? Anyway, it fitted and it works.

Hope this helps you

Clive

darktone December 31st 04 12:34 AM

hello, you can get a replacement head from these guys.

http://www.keeptheheaton.com

key in cp61 to the search and you will get 3 options. the cheapest is an ideal replacment head £25 + the dreaded + p&p

i had to whack one one before christmas. easier to blead than the mysn and it has 3 speeds. one niggle is i had top mount the unit with the connection box underneath which means u have to be carfull when u blead it ;)

cheers