DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electrolux Vacuum (Z1379) (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/4370-electrolux-vacuum-z1379.html)

John December 13th 03 09:34 PM

Electrolux Vacuum (Z1379)

I handed down my cleaner and it has been returned -" it was having trouble
getting going and now won't go!" was the diagnosis. Put a meter on it and
found it was open circuit.

Stripped it tonight and found the motor brushes in a very sad state and a
slightly burned commutator. I believe the cause to be a rather tight bearing
at the pulley end of the motor (interestingly air cooled with a small pipe
leading to the vacuum side of the motor). A clean up and refitting the
brushed got it working - but it was running slow.

A replacement motor seems to be over £50 so I am wondering if I might be
able to readily identify and fit a replacement bearing and set of brushes -
or do I send it to the tip?

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

BigWallop December 13th 03 11:04 PM

Electrolux Vacuum (Z1379)

"John" john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote in message
I handed down my cleaner and it has been returned -" it was having trouble
getting going and now won't go!" was the diagnosis. Put a meter on it and
found it was open circuit.

Stripped it tonight and found the motor brushes in a very sad state and a
slightly burned commutator. I believe the cause to be a rather tight

bearing
at the pulley end of the motor (interestingly air cooled with a small pipe
leading to the vacuum side of the motor). A clean up and refitting the
brushed got it working - but it was running slow.

A replacement motor seems to be over £50 so I am wondering if I might be
able to readily identify and fit a replacement bearing and set of

brushes -
or do I send it to the tip?

Regards

John