DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Not totally OT (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/417-not-totally-ot.html)

John July 17th 03 06:51 PM

Not totally OT

Been doing the Guardian X word today and I cannot get the final answer:

Clue: Gripping tool (6)

So far got _U_U_S. The 2 U's and the S are definately right (from the
other intersecting words)

I am thinking along the lines of DIY/Professional tools but cannot get
anything to come to mind, anybody any clues?

TIA

John

Mick Collins July 17th 03 08:11 PM

Not totally OT

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:51:19 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

Been doing the Guardian X word today and I cannot get the final answer:

Clue: Gripping tool (6)

So far got _U_U_S. The 2 U's and the S are definately right (from the
other intersecting words)

I am thinking along the lines of DIY/Professional tools but cannot get
anything to come to mind, anybody any clues?

Start again John. 5dn is gooseflesh, 12dn is beholder --------

Cheers - Mick

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot July 17th 03 08:13 PM

Not totally OT

"John" wrote in message
Been doing the Guardian X word today and I cannot get the final answer:

Clue: Gripping tool (6)

So far got _U_U_S. The 2 U's and the S are definately right (from the
other intersecting words)

I am thinking along the lines of DIY/Professional tools but cannot get
anything to come to mind, anybody any clues?

Only thing I can think of is "AUGURS". Augur meaning a sign of what might
happen in the future (whether that would be gripping is debatable), and
sounding like auger.

Si

Malc July 17th 03 09:11 PM

Not totally OT

wrote:

Been doing the Guardian X word today and I cannot get the final answer:

Clue: Gripping tool (6)

The answer is PLIERS. You've got the other answers wrong. I finished it in
about 5 minutes.

Malc

Malc July 17th 03 09:15 PM

Not totally OT

"Malc" wrote in message
Whoops. Replied to the wrong post. mucho apologies

--
Malc

geoff July 17th 03 10:23 PM

Not totally OT

In message , John
writes
Been doing the Guardian X word today and I cannot get the final answer:

Clue: Gripping tool (6)

So far got _U_U_S. The 2 U's and the S are definately right (from the
other intersecting words)

Not Wankin then

I am thinking along the lines of DIY/Professional tools but cannot get
anything to come to mind, anybody any clues?

TIA

John

--
geoff