Kalico

Default Mains/Battery smoke alarms

What are people's recommendations for main and/or battery smoke alarms?

I want them interconnectable, but the only ones I already have (Dicon,
battery operated) interconnect using 2 core cable and it would seem that
some mains powered interconnectable may use only one wire as a 'signal'
line.

Anyone know? The ones I am looking at are ScrewFix http://tinyurl.com/xwxf

Also, I saw someone post recently where to put Ionisation and where to put
Optical but cannot find the thread.

That said, SF's Opto and Ion detecters are different brands so may not work
together. Any experience anyone?

Thanks
Rob

Toby

Kalico wrote:
Anyone know? The ones I am looking at are ScrewFix
http://tinyurl.com/xwxf

May be worth spending the extra £2 each and getting the ones that also have
9 volt batteries included. The SF ones seem to work OK and are easy to wire
with some 3+E for the L N and signal.

--
Toby.

Kalico

"Toby" wrote in message
Kalico wrote:
Anyone know? The ones I am looking at are ScrewFix
http://tinyurl.com/xwxf

May be worth spending the extra £2 each and getting the ones that also

have
9 volt batteries included. The SF ones seem to work OK and are easy to

wire
with some 3+E for the L N and signal.

--
Toby.

Thanks for that Toby. It is interesting that there is hardly any difference
on price for single units but when buying 3 the difference is much bigger.

Preventing a fireplace filling room with smoke Tim Pollard UK diy 15 December 9th 03 01:11 PM
Cheap battery operated smoke alarms... grrrr.... RichardS UK diy 10 November 21st 03 04:52 PM
gas fire leak test andy smith UK diy 5 September 26th 03 10:28 PM
Smoke Alarms in domestic/holiday homes - new build, bank holiday wiring Laurie UK diy 6 August 25th 03 07:02 PM
Linked Mains Smoke Detectors Mark Nicholls UK diy 3 August 20th 03 10:24 AM