DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/400807-nicd-cells-dewalt-battery-packs.html)

jake August 27th 16 12:20 PM

Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs

Can someone recommend a good (ie reasonable price) place to get Nicd
cells for DeWalt battery packs? I trying email a few weel-know places
- no go.

The new packs are £££ and there are several videos showing the rebuld
process - if only I had the cells :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQz4WxW8wg

Bob Minchin[_4_] August 27th 16 01:42 PM

jake wrote:
Can someone recommend a good (ie reasonable price) place to get Nicd
cells for DeWalt battery packs? I trying email a few weel-know places
- no go.

The new packs are £££ and there are several videos showing the rebuld
process - if only I had the cells :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQz4WxW8wg

Use NiMH instead and follow Harry Bloomfields recent topic on the
subject for the source on Ebay

Dave Plowman (News) August 27th 16 02:34 PM

Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs

In article ,
jake wrote:
Can someone recommend a good (ie reasonable price) place to get Nicd
cells for DeWalt battery packs? I trying email a few weel-know places
- no go.

The new packs are £££ and there are several videos showing the rebuld
process - if only I had the cells :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQz4WxW8wg

The real problem is that good quality cells are much of the cost of any
cordless tool. And the factory buys them by the million. Thus buying just
a few of similar quality for replacements can cost more than the entire
drill.

No problem buying replacement cells. Just finding good ones at a good
price. Indeed finding good quality ones on sale at any price can be
tricky. It's no surprise that most on sale are unbranded.

You might look for any similar complete replacement battery for a decent
make on special offer - and rob that of its cells.

--
*The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Capitol August 28th 16 11:20 AM

Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
wrote:

[...]

I've been wondering about using mobile phone batteries to do this,
but I suspect the discharge rate would be too low.

jake August 29th 16 04:59 PM

Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs

On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 13:42:30 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

jake wrote:
Can someone recommend a good (ie reasonable price) place to get Nicd
cells for DeWalt battery packs? I trying email a few weel-know places
- no go.

The new packs are £££ and there are several videos showing the rebuld
process - if only I had the cells :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQz4WxW8wg

Use NiMH instead and follow Harry Bloomfields recent topic on the
subject for the source on Ebay

Just ben reading the thread - interesting stuff. thanks.

rick September 5th 16 09:59 PM

Nicd cells for DeWalt battery packs

On 28/08/2016 11:20, Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Can someone recommend a good (ie reasonable price) place to get Nicd
cells for DeWalt battery packs? I trying email a few weel-know places
- no go.

If you get an answer to this let me know i have an 18V DeWalt drill and
the 2 packs are now way down on ability to hold a charge.

PeterC September 6th 16 08:39 AM

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 21:59:56 +0100, rick wrote:

On 28/08/2016 11:20, Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Can someone recommend a good (ie reasonable price) place to get Nicd
cells for DeWalt battery packs? I trying email a few weel-know places
- no go.

If you get an answer to this let me know i have an 18V DeWalt drill and
the 2 packs are now way down on ability to hold a charge.

I've bookmarked 2 sites as possible sources for the 18V Mak:
http://batteriesplus.co.uk/acatalog/...Batteries.html
https://cellpacksolutions.co.uk/prod...n-sizes/sub-c/

I don't know if either is suitable yet - I took the battery out of its case
and decided that I needed more time and a lot more info before risking
borking it. Even the stick-backed foam didn't want to move - I blame Blue
Peter!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away