DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Don't go to Corsica. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/400265-ot-dont-go-corsica.html)

harry August 15th 16 08:10 AM

OT Don't go to Corsica.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-after-touris/

Coming to Eastbourne soon?

Bob Eager[_5_] August 15th 16 10:05 AM

OT Don't go to Corsica.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 00:10:49 -0700, harry wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ed-by-harpoon-

during-riot-on-corsica-beach-after-touris/

Coming to Eastbourne soon?

Bloody Roman Catholics.

Nightjar August 15th 16 11:46 AM

OT Don't go to Corsica.

On 15-Aug-16 8:10 AM, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-after-touris/

Coming to Eastbourne soon?

Sounds more like the centre of Glasgow on the night of an old firm match
in the days when I lived there.

Colin Bignell

Dennis@home August 15th 16 01:29 PM

OT Don't go to Corsica.

On 15/08/2016 08:10, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-after-touris/

Coming to Eastbourne soon?

Why? is Eastbourne going to start banning a particular type of clothing
on its beach?

Fredxxx August 15th 16 02:38 PM

OT Don't go to Corsica.

On 15/08/2016 08:10, harry wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-after-touris/

Coming to Eastbourne soon?

No. As you discovered by the article Corsica has no police you can call
police:
"The unrest lasted for several hours, during which three cars were
burned and four people had to be taken to hospital, one of them for a
wound caused by a harpoon. A pregnant woman was among those
hospitalised. Bernard Cazeneuve, the interior minister, was forced to
issue a statement calling for calm."

Do you really think you think police would let this go on in Eastbourne
for "several hours"?

Brian-Gaff August 15th 16 03:32 PM

OT Don't go to Corsica.

I don't think you get many harpoon guns at Eastbourne though the see is too
opaque for may people to do scuba diving, and I'd imagine if you started
hunting there a lot of people might object.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to