DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Batteries for an APC UPS CSB type (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/399595-batteries-apc-ups-csb-type.html)

tony sayer July 28th 16 01:52 AM

Batteries for an APC UPS CSB type

As it sez. There was a thread on here a while ago where someone
recommended a supplier of the above batteries that are used in APC UPS
units.

They seemed to be very cheap, or shall we say "keenly priced";).

Anyone remember the supplier at all?

Thanks:)
--
Tony Sayer

Andy Burns[_13_] July 28th 16 07:46 AM

tony sayer wrote:

There was a thread on here a while ago where someone
recommended a supplier of the above batteries that are used in APC UPS
units.

They seemed to be very cheap, or shall we say "keenly priced";).
Anyone remember the supplier at all?

I don't recall anyone specifically recommending a supply for CSB branded
(the usual OEM battery fitted by APC) only various recommendations for
equivalents; in the past I've fitted Yuasa, more recently Powerline
which are holding up nicely ...

https://www.tayna.co.uk/PU20-Powerline-UPS-Battery-P9398.html

Bob Eager[_5_] July 28th 16 08:02 AM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 01:52:06 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

As it sez. There was a thread on here a while ago where someone
recommended a supplier of the above batteries that are used in APC UPS
units.

They seemed to be very cheap, or shall we say "keenly priced";).

Anyone remember the supplier at all?

Yup; I use them.

MDS Battery

http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/

AnthonyL July 28th 16 12:35 PM

On 28 Jul 2016 07:02:24 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 01:52:06 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

As it sez. There was a thread on here a while ago where someone
recommended a supplier of the above batteries that are used in APC UPS
units.

They seemed to be very cheap, or shall we say "keenly priced";).

Anyone remember the supplier at all?

Yup; I use them.

MDS Battery

http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/

I'll add that I've used mds for many years on and off but had good
service and products each time.

--
AnthonyL

tony sayer July 28th 16 07:23 PM

Batteries for an APC UPS CSB type

In article , Bob Eager
scribeth thus
On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 01:52:06 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

As it sez. There was a thread on here a while ago where someone
recommended a supplier of the above batteries that are used in APC UPS
units.

They seemed to be very cheap, or shall we say "keenly priced";).

Anyone remember the supplier at all?

Yup; I use them.

MDS Battery

http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/

Thanks for that, Went with MDS as thy did the original fit unit at a
very good price:)

cheers...
--
Tony Sayer

Dave Liquorice[_2_] August 29th 16 11:07 PM

Batteries for an APC UPS CSB type

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 01:52:06 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

As it sez. There was a thread on here a while ago where someone
recommended a supplier of the above batteries that are used in APC UPS
units.

They seemed to be very cheap, or shall we say "keenly priced";).

Anyone remember the supplier at all?

I've used Value Power Systems several times in the past.

http://www.valuepowersystems.co.uk
http://www.vps-ups.co.uk

They've normaly beaten MDS on price and I've not had reason to
complain about the SLA's I've bought from them or their service.

--
Cheers
Dave.

tony sayer August 30th 16 01:22 PM

Batteries for an APC UPS CSB type

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice scribeth thus
On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 01:52:06 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

As it sez. There was a thread on here a while ago where someone
recommended a supplier of the above batteries that are used in APC UPS
units.

They seemed to be very cheap, or shall we say "keenly priced";).

Anyone remember the supplier at all?

I've used Value Power Systems several times in the past.

http://www.valuepowersystems.co.uk
http://www.vps-ups.co.uk

They've normaly beaten MDS on price and I've not had reason to
complain about the SLA's I've bought from them or their service.

Noted thanks:-)
--
Tony Sayer