DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OTish: Turning circles (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/399533-re-otish-turning-circles.html)

harry July 26th 16 06:29 AM

OTish: Turning circles

On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 16:28:25 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
Odd, my car's manual states its turning circle increases by 7.5cm if it's fitted with roof bars. WTF has that to do with turning?

The extra weight (assuming fully loaded) changes the geometry of the suspension.

Rod Speed July 26th 16 07:40 AM

OTish: Turning circles

harry wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

Odd, my car's manual states its turning circle increases by 7.5cm

if it's fitted with roof bars. WTF has that to do with turning?

The extra weight (assuming fully loaded)
changes the geometry of the suspension.

But it is much more likely to be much more fully
loaded with the seats filled with obese passengers
than it is with such a small car with roof bars.