Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Corbyn's poll ratings soar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ations-labour/
LMFAO.
£25 guys to get no-hoper Corbyn re-elected. Cheap at half the price.
Statesman of the decade, millenium even.
Sorry Dave but you hafta laugh.
Trump has more chance than Jeremy.
Statesman? LMFAO.
At least the tories will have many years to sort out brexit.
TO OUR ADVANTAGE.
Don't worry, give it time. You might get to like Boris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ations-labour/
LMFAO.
£25 guys to get no-hoper Corbyn re-elected. Cheap at half the price.
Statesman of the decade, millenium even.
Sorry Dave but you hafta laugh.
Trump has more chance than Jeremy.

I think Trump will win.

Given the choice between a crook and a clown, I think the US will pick
the clown.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ations-labour/

LMFAO.
£25 guys to get no-hoper Corbyn re-elected. Cheap at half the price.
Statesman of the decade, millenium even.
Sorry Dave but you hafta laugh.
Trump has more chance than Jeremy.

I think Trump will win.

Given the choice between a crook and a clown, I think the US will pick
the clown.

They picked Tricky Dicky.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ations-labour/

LMFAO.
£25 guys to get no-hoper Corbyn re-elected. Cheap at half the price.
Statesman of the decade, millenium even.
Sorry Dave but you hafta laugh.
Trump has more chance than Jeremy.

I think Trump will win.

Given the choice between a crook and a clown, I think the US will pick
the clown.

They picked Tricky Dicky.

They picked Ronald RayGun.

Who actually wasn't too bad.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:

[...]

Given the choice between a crook and a clown, I think the US
will pick the clown.

They picked Tricky Dicky.

They picked Ronald RayGun.

Who actually wasn't too bad.

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Yep, what a despicable and utter ass he was. could have killed us all.

And Nancy's astrology? remember?

TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/2016 12:12, pamela wrote:
On 11:56 20 Jul 2016, TimW wrote:

On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:

[...]

Given the choice between a crook and a clown, I think the US
will pick the clown.

They picked Tricky Dicky.

They picked Ronald RayGun.

Who actually wasn't too bad.

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Yep, what a despicable and utter ass he was. could have killed
us all.

And Nancy's astrology? remember?

TW

Who could forget that. And later Cherie Blair too.

Actually I don't think Reagan was anything like as bad as his critics
made out but he was not exactly someone who had a grasp of the
details.

He had more foresight than any other president. He made sure he won all
his battles.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan (not my favourite president) said this as a joke off-air
when testing the sound system.
It was never broadcast.

It's slightly dishonest to give it as a Reagan quote.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/20/2016 1:23 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
pamela wrote:

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan (not my favourite president) said this as a joke off-air
when testing the sound system.
It was never broadcast.

It's slightly dishonest to give it as a Reagan quote.

Actually he went up in my estimation after that as a guy with a good
sense of humour.

Also, whilst most of the quoted Star Wars stuff was clearly rubbish, he
did open the door for Gorbachev. I think history will conclude that he
played rather a clever hand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/20/2016 2:37 PM, pamela wrote:
On 13:23 20 Jul 2016, Timothy Murphy wrote:

pamela wrote:

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan (not my favourite president) said this as a joke off-air
when testing the sound system.
It was never broadcast.

It's slightly dishonest to give it as a Reagan quote.

Er, if Reagan actually said it then surely it's a true quotation?

But it was originally presented here without the context, as if it was a
true statement, instead of a rather good joke for the entertainment of
the press corps.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 13:23, Timothy Murphy wrote:
pamela wrote:

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan (not my favourite president) said this as a joke off-air
when testing the sound system.
It was never broadcast.

It's slightly dishonest to give it as a Reagan quote.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to not know that it was meant to
be a joke, so dishonest of you maybe to say that it somehow doesn't
count as something he said.

The point is it was an astonishingly crass joke to make during the cold
war. An incredibly poor joke to make at any time, like 'kill a few
million people - Ha Ha! that would be funny!' ffs.

Tim w

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
[...]

Given the choice between a crook and a clown, I think the US
will pick the clown.

They picked Tricky Dicky.

They picked Ronald RayGun.

Who actually wasn't too bad.

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Yep, what a despicable and utter ass he was. could have killed
us all.

And Nancy's astrology? remember?

TW

Who could forget that. And later Cherie Blair too.

Actually I don't think Reagan was anything like as bad as his critics
made out but he was not exactly someone who had a grasp of the
details.

He had more foresight than any other president.

Bull**** he did.

He made sure he won all his battles.

Bull**** he did, particularly with Iran Contra and Lebanon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
[...]

[...]

In his 3 terms, is that all you come up with?

Lebanon is more of a mess now than it has ever been.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 11:56, TimW wrote:
On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:

[...]

Given the choice between a crook and a clown, I think the US
will pick the clown.

They picked Tricky Dicky.

They picked Ronald RayGun.

Who actually wasn't too bad.

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've
signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin
bombing in five minutes."

Yep, what a despicable and utter ass he was. could have killed us
all.

But he didn't, and we won the military side of the cold war. Of course
we lost the propaganda side and the whole West is now infected with
neocommunists in every sphere of life.

And Nancy's astrology? remember?

TW

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 15:42, TimW wrote:
The point is it was an astonishingly crass joke to make during the cold
war. An incredibly poor joke to make at any time, like 'kill a few
million people - Ha Ha! that would be funny!' ffs.

Oh FFS snowflake, grow up an get a pair, or have a sex change

Then you can age into a proper old woman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
But he didn't, and we won the military side of the cold war. Of course
we lost the propaganda side and the whole West is now infected with
neocommunists in every sphere of life.

Must print this. And give to an expert to be analysed.

--
*If we weren't meant to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote
Timothy Murphy wrote
pamela wrote

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan (not my favourite president) said this as a joke off-air when
testing the sound system.

It was never broadcast.

It's slightly dishonest to give it as a Reagan quote.

Actually he went up in my estimation after that as a guy with a good sense
of humour.

Yeah, me too. But completely incompetent politically
except in being able to appeal the to voters.

Also, whilst most of the quoted Star Wars stuff was clearly rubbish, he
did open the door for Gorbachev.

Not intentionally tho.

I think history will conclude that he played rather a clever hand.

I don’t believe that on the clever.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan (not my favourite president) said this as a joke off-air
when testing the sound system.
It was never broadcast.

It's slightly dishonest to give it as a Reagan quote.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to not know that it was meant to be
a joke, so dishonest of you maybe to say that it somehow doesn't count as
something he said.

The point is it was an astonishingly crass joke to make during the cold
war. An incredibly poor joke to make at any time, like 'kill a few million
people - Ha Ha! that would be funny!' ffs.

You're doing more of your precious silly stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
[...]

[...]

There are plenty more.

Lebanon is more of a mess now than it has ever been.

Irrelevant to the fact that he didn’t win that battle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
[...]

[...]

It was a battle, really?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
[...]

[...]

Corse it was in the sense you used that word originally.

There were no other battles that he did win.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 16:17:50 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

Bull**** he did, particularly with Iran Contra and Lebanon.

In his 3 terms, is that all you come up with?

Are you really, really sure about those 3 terms?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:46:46 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

They picked Ronald RayGun.

Who actually wasn't too bad.

Regan was a GOP outsider. too, at first.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
[...]

[...]

You mean apart from the cold war? have you forgotten Glasnost, or is
that an Aussie thing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/07/16 11:52, pamela wrote:
On 10:46 20 Jul 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/07/16 10:44, GB wrote:
On 20/07/16 02:19, bm wrote:
[...]

[...]

He didn’t win the cold war.

have you forgotten Glasnost,

He didn’t produce that either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan (not my favourite president) said this as a joke off-air
when testing the sound system.
It was never broadcast.

It's slightly dishonest to give it as a Reagan quote.

Actually he went up in my estimation after that as a guy with a good
sense of humour.

Also, whilst most of the quoted Star Wars stuff was clearly rubbish, he
did open the door for Gorbachev. I think history will conclude that he
played rather a clever hand.

Apparently, at one summit in Russia, Gorby had a chat with Reagan, and
confided in him they he had a dream about the White House... He said:

"and do you know what I saw?"

"No", said Reagan

"I Saw a Red Flag flying on top of the White House!"

Reagan was a little shocked. Gorby continued:

"And there was writing on the flag"

"What did it say?"

"It said United States Soviet Socialist Republic"

Reagan did not quite know what to make of this, but felt somehow he had
been slighted.

A year later the US were hosting a summit.

Reagan had a chat with Gorby, and said:

"You remember what you said about dreams last time we met?"

"I remember" says Gorby.

"Well, I had a dream the other night, and I saw a Red Flag flying from
the roof of the Kremlin!"

"A *Red* flag Mr President?"

"Yes a Red Flag... and it had gold writing on it as well!"

"What did the writing say Mr. President"

"Hell don't know, I don't read Chinese!"

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:

I remember this pearl from Reagan:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that
I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever.
We begin bombing in five minutes."

Reagan (not my favourite president) said this as a joke off-air
when testing the sound system.
It was never broadcast.

It's slightly dishonest to give it as a Reagan quote.

Er, if Reagan actually said it then surely it's a true quotation?

But it was originally presented here without the context, as if it was a
true statement, instead of a rather good joke for the entertainment of
the press corps.

Much like all those people who quote Mrs T when she said "there is no
such thing as society"...

She said it, but out of context it takes on a completely different
meaning from how it was being used at the time.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:

"Hell don't know, I don't read Chinese!"

I like it

Has the whiff of urban myth about it though...

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , TimW
escribió:

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to not know that it was meant to
be a joke

I wouldn't be so sure of that!

--
(\_/)