Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paint help for kitchen.

On Wednesday, 20 July 2016 21:28:06 UTC+1, jim wrote:
jim k Wrote in message:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:
On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 08:55:52 UTC+1, jim wrote:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:

Well, lets look at the facts. I've been using this painting method for about 13 years, and it's served me just fine. The basic theory of glue content in paint isn't complex, and the theory behind this method adds up too. You on the other hand have never tried the method, have no valid facts or argument to offer, and can only resort to verbal abuse, as is your tendency. Not much more need be said.

But how many times have you done this?

I haven't kept count. At a rough estimate maybe a dozen times.

So you're saying that at least once a year for 13
years you've
been painting bare plaster?

Sounds a little unusual to me....

The fact you're ignoring the question is not unusual in the
slightest ;-)

No. I wonder why.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 July 2016 23:20:36 UTC+1, jim wrote:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:
On Wednesday, 20 July 2016 21:28:06 UTC+1, jim wrote:

The fact you're ignoring the question is not unusual in the
slightest ;-)

No. I wonder why.

I'm quite sure that's plainly obvious to all readers of this tale
- you're making it up again nige ;-)

What could NT also stand for?...

Not Tried
Not Tested
Not True
Not Thought through

Any more I wonder?

thank you for reminding us why you're mostly worth ignoring.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 22 July 2016 10:22:59 UTC+1, Capitol wrote:
alan_m wrote:
On 15/07/2016 18:45, tabbypurr wrote:

It doesn't. It soaks in. It's very fast to do. But keep telling us
about things of which you know nothing as usual.

Buy a pump up garden sprayer, fill with water, pump up, set spray to
fine, spray large surface in a minute. Wait a few minutes to check
surface, spray again if required and then begin painting normally

I have wondered if that would work.

All you have managed to achieve is to thin the first coat of paint
if it is emulsion. You'll now need a second coat to get good coverage!

The paint isn't thinned at all, the water soaks into the board. It just stops the suction.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

tabbypurr Wrote in message:

Well, lets look at the facts. I've been using this painting method for
about 13 years, and it's served me just fine. The basic theory of glue
content in paint isn't complex, and the theory behind this method adds
up too. You on the other hand have never tried the method, have no valid
facts or argument to offer, and can only resort to verbal abuse, as is
your tendency. Not much more need be said.

But how many times have you done this?

I haven't kept count. At a rough estimate maybe a dozen times.

Why not get the next one up on YouTube?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 22 July 2016 13:07:21 UTC+1, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 22 July 2016 10:22:59 UTC+1, Capitol wrote:

All you have managed to achieve is to thin the first coat of paint
if it is emulsion. You'll now need a second coat to get good coverage!

The paint isn't thinned at all, the water soaks into the board. It just stops the suction.

If you don't wait long enough before painting and there is till water on the surface, you don't get any paint where the water is, brush & paint just glide over the water.

NT

Best paint to use on kitchen ceiling? Fredxxx UK diy 26 July 19th 15 01:37 PM
kitchen and bathroom paint Fred UK diy 5 September 18th 13 10:37 AM
Kitchen ceiling paint Davao UK diy 6 August 18th 06 09:49 AM
Kitchen Paint Steve Rainbird UK diy 21 February 18th 06 11:13 AM
Kitchen paint and shiny worktops Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot UK diy 4 January 26th 04 04:05 PM