Lobster

Default Customised shower enclosures?

Is it possible to obtain them anywhere? I'm thinking maybe in kit
form like secondary double-glazing?

My need is to shoe-horn a shower into a 900mm wide alcove which is
fine except it's below a pitched roof, so that the top right hand
corner of the door or enclosure needs chopping off to fit.

Thanks
David
BigWallop

"Lobster" wrote in message
om...
Is it possible to obtain them anywhere? I'm thinking maybe in kit
form like secondary double-glazing?

My need is to shoe-horn a shower into a 900mm wide alcove which is
fine except it's below a pitched roof, so that the top right hand
corner of the door or enclosure needs chopping off to fit.

Thanks
David

Perspex sheet. Expensive but, when glued together with the correct epoxy,
it last for many years.

Lobster

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"Lobster" wrote in message
om...

Is it possible to obtain them anywhere? I'm thinking maybe in kit
form like secondary double-glazing?

My need is to shoe-horn a shower into a 900mm wide alcove which is
fine except it's below a pitched roof, so that the top right hand
corner of the door or enclosure needs chopping off to fit.

Perspex sheet. Expensive but, when glued together with the correct epoxy,
it last for many years.

Thanks BW; actually I was wondering about using acrylic sheet anyway,
in place of tiles, although I'm not sure how it will help my issue of
the customised door or panel - I'd need an aluminium frame or
something to support it? Probably I wasn't very clear about my
scenario; let's try the old ASCII-art...!!

ceiling
--------------------\
|______ | \ pitched roof outside
| | | \
| | | \
| !!!!! | \
| shower | |
| head | |
| | |
| | |
|Wall | | Wall
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| Door | fixed |
| | panel |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
-------------------------|
| tray |
| |
--------------------------

So the door would probably be a bifold one, on the right of it I'd
like a fixed transparent panel to match the door - that's the bit
which needs customising 'cos of the chopped-off top corner. The
easiest way would be to make the fixed panel solid (ie tiled marine
ply or something) and buy an off-the-shelf door, however I'd prefer
the look of an all-transparent front. (Must be the exhibitionist in
me.)

David
Colin

My need is to shoe-horn a shower into a 900mm wide alcove which is
fine except it's below a pitched roof, so that the top right hand
corner of the door or enclosure needs chopping off to fit.

I looked into this about a year ago...

When I looked there seemed to be 4 solutions...

1) One of the shower manufacturers made custom shower panels. Can't remember
the name. You provide the pattern and they make it to fit. I think that this
was *very* expensive. You probably need to ask at you local plumbing or
bathroom place.
2) Make one yourself. Get some glass cut and then toughened. (I think I was
quoted about £200 - or perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me...) I
wasn't sure about the frame. I suspect that if you approached a reputable
manufacturer they would be able to supply some(?). I did consider buying a
complete rectangular door, removing the glass, and remake the door around a
new bit of cut glass.
3) Use shower curtain. Yuk!
4) Wet room... Are YOU brave enough!

In the end I positioned the shower away from the pitched roof and had
rectangular panels on all sides.

Colin