Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default OT ish using Bluetooth crashes my wifi router...

jim k Wrote in message:
"Dave Liquorice" Wrote in message:
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 09:50:35 +0100 (GMT+01:00), jim wrote:

I regularly stream audio (Spotify) over Bluetooth from either my
phone or a tablet to a Bluetooth receiver connected to my old but
good hifi.

And the data stream from spotify is getting to your phone/tablet how?

Ah, usually it's already on the phone/tablet so shouldn't be being
downloaded from Spotify servers on the fly.

Every session without fail, doing this makes my wifi router reboot
more than once. I know as my phone will drop onto 3g whilst the
router reboots.

Which implies that the data stream from spotify is reaching your
phone/tablet over WiFi from the router that crashes?

Usually not - see above.

Router is a Thomson tg 785 from Plusnet several years ago.

Any firmware updates available?

I'll have a look

Right found some time to have another delve.

Router is a Thomson tg 585 & there are some firmware updates on
the Plusnet site.

Snag seems to be that the installer software runs on W7 or 8 -
neither of which I have.. any workarounds or is it "visit a mate"
time?

TIA
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:

Router is a Thomson tg 585 & there are some firmware updates on
the Plusnet site.

Snag seems to be that the installer software runs on W7 or 8 -
neither of which I have.. any workarounds

I've never upgraded a Thomson, does it have an http or tftp transfer
option, or even USB stick, rather than using a windows .exe?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim wrote:

no obvious option in the flaky ui to "update" or similar so guess
not?

I know the webgui is basic on thomsons, but thought you could do much
more through the telnet command line? Nothing leaps out at me for
upgrades, but have a dig around ..

http://npr.me.uk/index.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

jim wrote:

no obvious option in the flaky ui to "update" or similar so guess
not?

Nothing leaps out at me for upgrades

If you know how to setup a dhcp and bootp server ... press and hold
factory reset while powering the router on and it will upgrade itself
from the server, if you get the voodoo right.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
jim wrote:

Router is a Thomson tg 585 & there are some firmware updates on
the Plusnet site.

Snag seems to be that the installer software runs on W7 or 8 -
neither of which I have.. any workarounds

I've never upgraded a Thomson, does it have an http or tftp transfer
option, or even USB stick, rather than using a windows .exe?

Error :-)
Well there's no usb port, and no obvious option in the flaky ui
to "update" or similar so guess not?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/16 17:35, jim wrote:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
jim wrote:

Router is a Thomson tg 585 & there are some firmware updates on
the Plusnet site.

Snag seems to be that the installer software runs on W7 or 8 -
neither of which I have.. any workarounds

I've never upgraded a Thomson, does it have an http or tftp transfer
option, or even USB stick, rather than using a windows .exe?

Error :-)
Well there's no usb port, and no obvious option in the flaky ui
to "update" or similar so guess not?

Usually theres a cli interface via 'telnet' and sftp or summat.

private property.

Karl Marx