DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cheap Garden Room (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/3946-cheap-garden-room.html)

mich November 30th 03 12:13 PM

Cheap Garden Room

Has anyone bought, acquired or seen one of those cheap ( about £100) lean
too garden rooms advertised in all sorts of magazines and the like, made by
Norfolk? its basically , as far as I can make out , corrugated plastic or
Perspex(?) on a steel frame and it bolts on the wall (?) A bit like a lean
to greenhouse type job but advertised for use like a conservatory.

Any comments on what they are like?
I need a cheap, quick and possible long term temporary, storage solution on
the side of my house.

Comments and experiences if any please

PoP November 30th 03 03:23 PM

Cheap Garden Room

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:13:26 -0000, "mich"
wrote:

Has anyone bought, acquired or seen one of those cheap ( about £100) lean
too garden rooms advertised in all sorts of magazines and the like, made by
Norfolk? its basically , as far as I can make out , corrugated plastic or
Perspex(?) on a steel frame and it bolts on the wall (?) A bit like a lean
to greenhouse type job but advertised for use like a conservatory.

Can't comment as I haven't seen one, let alone used one.

If you or someone finds a URL I'd be interested in knowing more - I
might have a use for something like that myself, if the cost is that
low.

PoP

Rick Dipper November 30th 03 03:59 PM

Cheap Garden Room

My mum had one, all was fine until one of the grand children had a close shave with it and a trike, then she worked out how bad it could have been if theer had been a
collision. I guess it depends on what the material is and if you have kids........

Rick