DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   [OT] Forte Agent kill filter for "replying to"? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/392892-%5Bot%5D-forte-agent-kill-filter-replying.html)

Geo[_3_] April 3rd 16 11:57 AM

[OT] Forte Agent kill filter for "replying to"?

Any Agent expert who could point me to a kill filter that ignores any
thread where the first line of the message starts "replying to"?

Tim+[_5_] April 3rd 16 05:50 PM

Geo wrote:
Any Agent expert who could point me to a kill filter that ignores any
thread where the first line of the message starts "replying to"?

Ha ha. I had a look at the homeowners hub and as far as I can make out,
there is no way of quoting from previous messages (other than a DIY cut and
paste).

Good idea though. Must check my filter settings. ;-)

Tim

Mike Barnes[_2_] April 6th 16 05:57 PM

Geo wrote:
Any Agent expert who could point me to a kill filter that ignores any
thread where the first line of the message starts "replying to"?

I'm a Thunderbird user rather than an Agent user. TB (unless there's
some add-on to do it) can't filter on message body. But it can filter on
header lines. I find that "Organization: FlashNewsgroups.com" does the
trick. HTH :-)

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England

Geo[_3_] April 6th 16 07:36 PM

[OT] Forte Agent kill filter for "replying to"?

On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 18:49:24 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Oh thank you! I use Agent, and although it doesn't kill-file by
organisation, only author or subject, I managed to delete one of those
'foreign' posts by putting FlashNewsgroups.com as author into the
kill-file slot.

Ok - I'll give that a try
Going by the recent influx, none of them have actually contributed
anything useful to a thread which is not dead and buried.