DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lighting spur off power (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/392101-re-lighting-spur-off-power.html)

[email protected] March 16th 16 04:03 PM

Lighting spur off power

ARW wrote:
And this one was powering a CCTV camera. The wall wart would not fit in the
socket behind the wall mounted TV. The other end of the flex was hard wired
into the socket.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/8/84/FU1.jpg

Well no wonder, the moron manufacturers have built the damn thing upside
down with the flex go out of the top instead of the botton as required by
BS1363.

jgh

ARW March 16th 16 05:29 PM

Lighting spur off power

wrote in message
ARW wrote:
And this one was powering a CCTV camera. The wall wart would not fit in
the
socket behind the wall mounted TV. The other end of the flex was hard
wired
into the socket.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/8/84/FU1.jpg

Well no wonder, the moron manufacturers have built the damn thing upside
down with the flex go out of the top instead of the botton as required by
BS1363.

And only one person has said or noticed (I got an email) that the polarity
is the wrong way around!
--
Adam

Adam Funk[_3_] March 17th 16 10:56 AM

Lighting spur off power

On 2016-03-16, ARW wrote:

wrote in message
ARW wrote:
And this one was powering a CCTV camera. The wall wart would not fit in
the
socket behind the wall mounted TV. The other end of the flex was hard
wired
into the socket.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/8/84/FU1.jpg

Well no wonder, the moron manufacturers have built the damn thing upside
down with the flex go out of the top instead of the botton as required by
BS1363.

And only one person has said or noticed (I got an email) that the polarity
is the wrong way around!

That's obviously to make up for the plug being upside-down.