Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT What the Turks think of us.

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 1:53:52 PM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I'd sooner be governed by a competent Frenchman than an incompetent Scotsman.

I'll take the Scotsman if it means I can vote the ******* out in 4 years.

IIRC correctly is was Abraham Lincoln who said that the chief benefit of democracy is that it gives you a bloodless way to overthrow the government. We don't have that in the EU. The people who create the laws never face the ballot box.

Robert