Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default One for the apprentices

http://www.surrealscoop.com/2016/03/...g-not-got.html

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have em try this:

http://previews.123rf.com/images/robeo/robeo1408/robeo140800033/30393212-Beautiful-woman-repair-soldering-a-printed-circuit-board-Stock-Photo.jpg

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thomas Prufer wrote:
Have em try this:

http://previews.123rf.com/images/robeo/robeo1408/robeo140800033/30393212-Beautiful-woman-repair-soldering-a-printed-circuit-board-Stock-Photo.jpg

Thomas Prufer

Fireproof fingers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2016 07:28, Thomas Prufer wrote:
Have em try this:

http://previews.123rf.com/images/robeo/robeo1408/robeo140800033/30393212-Beautiful-woman-repair-soldering-a-printed-circuit-board-Stock-Photo.jpg

Thomas Prufer

Its not funny, my daughter went on a soldering course and did exactly
that the first time she had to use a soldering iron, she was about eight
at the time.

She still went on to do some brick laying and plumb in a sink while there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 13/03/2016 07:28, Thomas Prufer wrote:
Have em try this:

http://previews.123rf.com/images/robeo/robeo1408/robeo140800033/30393212-Beautiful-woman-repair-soldering-a-printed-circuit-board-Stock-Photo.jpg

Thomas Prufer

Its not funny, my daughter went on a soldering course and did exactly that
the first time she had to use a soldering iron, she was about eight at the
time.

I can see where she gets her brains from.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:31:27 +0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 13/03/2016 07:28, Thomas Prufer wrote:
Have em try this:

http://previews.123rf.com/images/robeo/robeo1408/robeo140800033/30393212-Beautiful-woman-repair-soldering-a-printed-circuit-board-Stock-Photo.jpg

Thomas Prufer

Its not funny, my daughter went on a soldering course and did exactly
that the first time she had to use a soldering iron, she was about eight
at the time.

I taught our daughter to solder (safely) when she was about 6 (much to
her Mums dismay / disbelief when daughter told her when she came in)
and she has carried on and made projects since then. We still use
daily the 'Kitchen Timer' she made years ago. ;-)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/velleman-k...lder-kit-n05aa

She recently treated herself to a pretty professional pyrography kit
so I wonder if her junior soldering took her that way?

She still went on to do some brick laying and plumb in a sink while there.

That was handy. ;-)

Mine (now 25) asked me recently if I could show her how to clear all
the pipework from the bath and hand basin. Someone needs to know how
to do it when I'm gone and it's not my hair blocking it up. ;-(

It should be funny because whilst she seems able to shovel a flattened
animal off the public highway, she gags at the content of a well used
drain. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2016 17:00, T i m wrote:

Mine (now 25) asked me recently if I could show her how to clear all
the pipework from the bath and hand basin. Someone needs to know how
to do it when I'm gone and it's not my hair blocking it up. ;-(

Caustic soda?

Or did you teach her how to use a proper plunger to pull all the cr@p
back up into the sink?

It should be funny because whilst she seems able to shovel a flattened
animal off the public highway, she gags at the content of a well used
drain. ;-)

She knows what she has put down there!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 17:34:30 +0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 13/03/2016 17:00, T i m wrote:

Mine (now 25) asked me recently if I could show her how to clear all
the pipework from the bath and hand basin. Someone needs to know how
to do it when I'm gone and it's not my hair blocking it up. ;-(

Caustic soda?

I don't know that I've ever had much success with *any* chemical
solution.

Or did you teach her how to use a proper plunger to pull all the cr@p
back up into the sink?

Nope, not that either, it will probably be a strip down of all the
plumbing from the trap back as far as necessary (all removable
plastic) and to clean it out properly. ;-)

It should be funny because whilst she seems able to shovel a flattened
animal off the public highway, she gags at the content of a well used
drain. ;-)

She knows what she has put down there!

I'm not sure she does ...

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 13/03/2016 17:00, T i m wrote:

Mine (now 25) asked me recently if I could show her how to clear all
the pipework from the bath and hand basin. Someone needs to know how
to do it when I'm gone and it's not my hair blocking it up. ;-(

Caustic soda?

I don't know that I've ever had much success with *any* chemical
solution.

Mate of mine, a plumber, used to tip a winchester of conc nitric down
any drain that was having a problem and swore that it always worked fine.

Not that easy to get for the average consumer and very dangerous
to use like that too.

And that was in the days before plastic plumbing.

Or did you teach her how to use a proper plunger to pull all the cr@p
back up into the sink?

Nope, not that either, it will probably be a strip down of all the
plumbing from the trap back as far as necessary (all removable
plastic) and to clean it out properly. ;-)

It should be funny because whilst she seems able to shovel a flattened
animal off the public highway, she gags at the content of a well used
drain. ;-)

She knows what she has put down there!

I'm not sure she does ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@blueyond
er.co.uk escribió:

I can see where she gets her brains from.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Caustic soda?

I don't know that I've ever had much success with *any* chemical
solution.

Or did you teach her how to use a proper plunger to pull all the cr@p
back up into the sink?

Nope, not that either, it will probably be a strip down of all the
plumbing from the trap back as far as necessary (all removable
plastic) and to clean it out properly. ;-)

It should be funny because whilst she seems able to shovel a flattened
animal off the public highway, she gags at the content of a well used
drain. ;-)

She knows what she has put down there!

I'm not sure she does ...

Cheers, T i m

The problem is getting any chemical actually in contact with the blockage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2016 04:10, ARW wrote:
http://www.surrealscoop.com/2016/03/...g-not-got.html

That did make me laugh.

--
Dazza
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 01:01:50 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

snip

The problem is getting any chemical actually in contact with the blockage.

Quite, so nothing like having the pipes out and in the sink and washed
out properly. ;-)

The longest pipe run goes under the corner bath and terminates in an
access point that has a removable lid for cleaning / rodding etc. I
fitted that directly under the corner seat of the bath so that if I
had to at any time I could cut a hole in the seat and fit an
watertight access hatch etc.

Cheers, T i m

OT Apprentices and wages ARW UK diy 44 March 11th 15 06:44 AM
Apprentices questions ARWadsworth UK diy 5 July 18th 12 01:52 PM
A new use for apprentices ARWadsworth UK diy 32 June 10th 12 01:08 AM
Apprentices - oh dear ARWadsworth UK diy 6 May 21st 12 01:05 PM
OT Apprentices must really like bollockings ARWadsworth UK diy 95 March 20th 12 09:43 PM