Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fed up with catarrh (OT)

On 07/03/2016 8:45 AM, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1466371 20160306 124546 Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 9:27:53 PM UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
Loads of people I know seem to be suffering from annoying cough caused by
catarrh in back of throat.
Can't take decongestants due to blood pressure treatment. An Olbas Oil
seems to be the best I can use.
Anyone else afflicted. Any solutions?.
No runny nose - just bad cough caused by catarrh (salty) u throuat that
needs coughing up.

My old Doc, not someone for issuing a scrip if there was a simpler solution was very much of the opi
nion of the cereal plate of boiling water and towel over the head and breath the steam. Add couple o
f drops of olbas oil for nuclear effect.

It`s not instant but pereverance pays off.

Try menthol crystals in hot water, but be careful - it can blow your head off.

Assuming it is not a virus...

Inverted table for a set time? Given that the lungs do have a natural
(wave)form of expelling mucus against gravity.

Considering the work some parents have to put into 'patting' the chest
and backs of child sufferers, I have wondered if there was a set of low
frequencies that would better do the job?

Assuming an inactive person; inflating the lungs and holding for 20 to
30 seconds, and expelling to the max, done over a minute, 3 times a day,
will stretch and strengthen the intercostal muscles. It will also
revitalise the bone of the ribs that have probably not moved so far in a
long time.

As a whole, breathing will become easier; lung capacity will increase,
each breath will become deeper and less resistive. Less resistance means
more oxygen for less work which, increase of the ability of the body to
recover during rest.

After a month you will have added an inch to the chest size. You will
have a much stronger cough -should you still have one?-. You will
increase airway volume such that the same amount of mucus would not
cause the same obstruction. After a month of this exercise it can be cut
back to twice or, three times a week.

The advantage of this method is, you don't have to do heavy workouts
to gain the same condition; body posture will open and, because 84% of
body fat leaves through the lungs, ..?

Vitamin C, which has a life time of approx' 4 hours in the body, would
help. Also, red wine. Red wine itself is a culture that is symbiotic
with humans but, it has also been discovered that, the amount in a small
wine glass has just the right level of alcohol to strip the arteries and
veins of debris. Once again, every 4 hours or more. Any more alcohol and
the effects are reversed.

....Ray.

--
One click voting to change the world.
..https://secure.avaaz.org/en/index.php

Phase Conjugate Waves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wwdmwv0zk

....and, Why You Know Nothing
http://www.delusionalinsects.com/sty...-32/index.html

Startpage - The PRIVATE Search Engine!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2016 21:27, DerbyBorn wrote:
Loads of people I know seem to be suffering from annoying cough caused by
catarrh in back of throat.
Can't take decongestants due to blood pressure treatment. An Olbas Oil
seems to be the best I can use.
Anyone else afflicted. Any solutions?.
No runny nose - just bad cough caused by catarrh (salty) u throuat that
needs coughing up.

had bad cold in November last year and have suffered cough and phlegm
ever since, nose like a bad case of hay fever. Had chest x rays,
breathing checks, blow down tube etc all ok. Am now using Beconase (I
think it is) up nose, anti histamine tablets, inhaler sometimes. honey,
Jakemans, and still I have cough, but it is getting better.
Dont mean to be nasty but glad to hear someone else is suffering.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/03/2016 12:41 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 08/03/16 12:30, Stuart Noble wrote:
On 07/03/16 21:51, Robin wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

If ankles are swelling see GP IMMEDIATELY.

That's heart failure (as opposed to a heart attack) and you need to
find a better way to reduce BP.

I really do feel that's more than a bit hyperbolic given (a) very many
people have those symptoms as a side-effect to Amlodipine (not to
mention for umpteen other reasons) without having any heart problems
and
(b) the poor chap's unlikely to be able to see his GP "immediately"
after 20:00 no matter how loudly you shout at him. Naturally it's
worth
checking but IIRC from assorted relatives etc who were on Amlodipine
the
swelling is often treated by a diuretic such as Furosemide.

Not what my GP said. Took one look and said 'lets try perindropril
instead'.

Well, I survived the night with my Amlodipine symptoms. Might stroll
round to the surgery later. Usually no wait if I don't care which doc I
see. Don't want that young Asian bird looking at my todger though

Blimey. At my age any bird looking at yer todger is a bounus

I felt a whole lot better after I read, 'young Asian bird'.

--
One click voting to change the world.
..https://secure.avaaz.org/en/index.php
Join Now! Be a part of people power.

Phase Conjugate Waves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wwdmwv0zk

....and, Why You Know Nothing
http://www.delusionalinsects.com/sty...-32/index.html

Startpage - The PRIVATE Search Engine!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2016 10:14, Stuart Noble wrote:
On 04/03/2016 09:11, WeeBob wrote:
On 03/03/2016 21:27, DerbyBorn wrote:
Loads of people I know seem to be suffering from annoying cough
caused by
catarrh in back of throat.
Can't take decongestants due to blood pressure treatment. An Olbas Oil
seems to be the best I can use.
Anyone else afflicted. Any solutions?.
No runny nose - just bad cough caused by catarrh (salty) u throuat that
needs coughing up.

Covonia?

http://www.covonia.co.uk/

Alkaline Water

(Maybe snake oil. Try a search.)

Chop a white onion, cover in brown sugar, and sip the liquid that
collects at the bottom. Add snake oil to taste.
Back in the day I used to put chopped onion in my socks, the theory
being that it gets absorbed quicker through the soles of the feet.

that would be amusing to see.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/03/16 21:51, Robin wrote:
[...]

Unless they want to take a sample. Ouch

They took a whole ****ing testicle.

After writing a big arrow pointing at it. To make sure it was the right
(left) one..

But I am so much better having got rid of all my lefty ********

There goes my Asian fantasy.

--
One click voting to change the world.
..https://secure.avaaz.org/en/index.php
Join Now! Be a part of people power.

Phase Conjugate Waves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wwdmwv0zk

....and, Why You Know Nothing
http://www.delusionalinsects.com/sty...-32/index.html

Startpage - The PRIVATE Search Engine!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2016 20:19, critcher wrote:
On 03/03/2016 21:27, DerbyBorn wrote:
Loads of people I know seem to be suffering from annoying cough caused by
catarrh in back of throat.
Can't take decongestants due to blood pressure treatment. An Olbas Oil
seems to be the best I can use.
Anyone else afflicted. Any solutions?.
No runny nose - just bad cough caused by catarrh (salty) u throuat that
needs coughing up.

had bad cold in November last year and have suffered cough and phlegm
ever since, nose like a bad case of hay fever. Had chest x rays,
breathing checks, blow down tube etc. all OK. Am now using Beconase (I
think it is) up nose, anti histamine tablets, inhaler sometimes. honey,
Jakemans sweets, and still I have cough, but it is getting better.
Dont mean to be nasty but glad to hear someone else is suffering.

forgot olbas oil in hot water as well as above. Jakemans just came up in
spell check as Jamaicans, ho ho.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RayL12" wrote in message
[...]

Double blind trials shows that it doesn’t in that situation.

Also, red wine. Red wine itself is a culture that is symbiotic with humans
but, it has also been discovered that, the amount in a small wine glass
has just the right level of alcohol to strip the arteries and veins of
debris. Once again, every 4 hours or more. Any more alcohol and the
effects are reversed.

That hasn’t been established using double blind trials either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 March 2016 20:35:16 UTC, Sam Crean wrote:
"RayL12" wrote in message
[...]

Lol, how exactly do you propose to not give some people alcohol yet convince them they've had it? If you can't do that, you can't do a blind controlled trial.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RayL12" wrote in message
[...]

However, it does mean his scientific mind is convinced there is an
unknown force acting upon the trials. Something established and hidden
form Man since discussions in 1927.

Mustn't let ppl be convinced they can change something simply by thinking.

--
One click voting to change the world.
..https://secure.avaaz.org/en/index.php
Join Now! Be a part of people power.

Phase Conjugate Waves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wwdmwv0zk

....and, Why You Know Nothing
http://www.delusionalinsects.com/sty...-32/index.html

Startpage - The PRIVATE Search Engine!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RayL12" wrote in message
[...]

He said red wine, not alcohol.

If you can't do that,

You can.

you can't do a blind controlled trial.

And when you can, you can do a double blind trial.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RayL12" wrote in message
[...]

Nothing unknown about the placebo effect.

Something established and hidden form Man since discussions in 1927.

We've known about the placebo effect for a lot longer than that.

Mustn't let ppl be convinced they can change something simply by thinking.

Of course they can, if they couldn’t, there
wouldn’t be any point in cognitive therapy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 14 March 2016 00:42:39 UTC, Sam Crean wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 March 2016 20:35:16 UTC, Sam Crean wrote:

Also, red wine. Red wine itself is a culture that is symbiotic with
humans
but, it has also been discovered that, the amount in a small wine glass
has just the right level of alcohol to strip the arteries and veins of
debris. Once again, every 4 hours or more. Any more alcohol and the
effects are reversed.

That hasn't been established using double blind trials either.

Lol, how exactly do you propose to not give some
people alcohol yet convince them they've had it?

He said red wine, not alcohol.

it was said that it was the alcochol that did it.
Even if you say it's red wine specifically, how do you plan to produce convincing fake red wine without duplicating much of the content of real red wine.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 March 2016 20:35:16 UTC, Sam Crean wrote:

Also, red wine. Red wine itself is a culture that is symbiotic with
humans
but, it has also been discovered that, the amount in a small wine
glass
has just the right level of alcohol to strip the arteries and veins
of
debris. Once again, every 4 hours or more. Any more alcohol and the
effects are reversed.

That hasn't been established using double blind trials either.

Lol, how exactly do you propose to not give some
people alcohol yet convince them they've had it?

He said red wine, not alcohol.

it was said that it was the alcochol that did it.

And that is clearly completely silly, there is no precise level
of alcohol that does that and there is a big variation in the
alcohol concentration of red wine anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not sure about its effectiveness, but the branch that opened near here is still going after a few years, not apparently a low cost treatment

http://saltcave.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 14 March 2016 14:22:25 UTC, Adam Aglionby wrote:
Not sure about its effectiveness, but the branch that opened near here is still going after a few years, not apparently a low cost treatment

http://saltcave.co.uk

They've been doing that in the Russian health system for ages. Works well I'm told.

NT