John

Default house alteration costs.

Hello all, having looked at previous threads, nothing seems to answer
my questions, so please can anyone help with this :

I've recently moved to a 1988 house. It has a "breeze block" inner
wall and
a brick outer.
I want to extend it by building over the single story garage, utility
room
and toilet .
The total area is approx 2700mm by 8200mm and would
contain two rooms, a bathroom and bedroom. I would like the builder to
reuse
the
apex rooftiles on the garage (the utility room has a flat roof) on
the new
apex roof
over both new rooms, with extra new tiles to cover the shortfall. I
should
require
both rooms finished to plaster/electrics/soil and supply pipes only, I
will
fit out the
bathroom suite and decorate through. The landing window can be
transferred
to the bedroom, (as its good quality UPVC and only 1 year old)
there fore only one window is required for the bathroom. For the
time being this can be of the single glazed balsa wood type.

(there is an issue of light here,I might decide to have a landing
between
the new rooms with an opaque window in it.space loss Vs. light
loss......unsure at the moment)

Soil pipes can be accomodated easily by dropping through to the down
stairs
toilet.
I will box it in. Electrics can easily be accomodated, as can
water/central
heating.

Further work involves converting the garage to another reception room.
this
will involve raising the floor
height by about 150mm, replacing the door with a front wall/
window,(heres
the nasty one) moving
the consumer unit to the pantry( can this be done? does the consumer
unit
have to be
on the outside wall? the meter in in a plastic box on the outside wall
of
the garage), and plastering
the garage walls which are bare breeze blocks.
Lastly, a new 3000 by 4000mm garage using the old door, with an apex
roof.

As far as I can see, the foundations of the single story area are
constructed in the same
manner as the main house. The only drainage/foul water issue is the
new
garage roof.
This will require a trench of about 3000mm to a stormwater manhole.

OK I know and realise this is not DIY in the strictest sense,but some
of you
folks may have an idea
of how much this is going to cost me. I live in Staffordshire.
Would it be better to move :-)

thanks once again,

John