DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   shower curtain weights (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/389619-shower-curtain-weights.html)

sm_jamieson January 25th 16 11:15 AM

shower curtain weights

To stop the shower curtain billowing, I have tried weighted hem shower curtains, double layer shower curtains and magnetic tablecloth weights attached to the bottom. All have problems.
What I really need is some "heavy clips" that are waterproof and of a soft material so they do not bang and scrape the bath.
I have plenty of lead in the garage.
Any ideas, DIY or other ?
Simon.

Adrian January 25th 16 11:20 AM

shower curtain weights

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 03:15:19 -0800, sm_jamieson wrote:

To stop the shower curtain billowing, I have tried weighted hem shower
curtains, double layer shower curtains and magnetic tablecloth weights
attached to the bottom. All have problems.
What I really need is some "heavy clips" that are waterproof and of a
soft material so they do not bang and scrape the bath.
I have plenty of lead in the garage.
Any ideas, DIY or other ?

A screen?

Quick look on eBay finds these in the US... Not cheap, with delivery
included, but they wouldn't be hard to copy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111885054778
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111877121175
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111864036155

Rod Speed January 25th 16 12:40 PM

shower curtain weights

sm_jamieson wrote

To stop the shower curtain billowing, I have tried weighted
hem shower curtains, double layer shower curtains and magnetic
tablecloth weights attached to the bottom. All have problems.

What I really need is some "heavy clips" that are waterproof
and of a soft material so they do not bang and scrape the bath.

I have plenty of lead in the garage.

Any ideas, DIY or other ?

I'm not convinced that anything works except glass instead
of the curtains or nothing. I have nothing myself, but don't
have the shower in the bath, there is no bath at all.

[email protected] January 25th 16 04:18 PM

shower curtain weights

On Monday, 25 January 2016 11:15:22 UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
To stop the shower curtain billowing, I have tried weighted hem shower curtains, double layer shower curtains and magnetic tablecloth weights attached to the bottom. All have problems.
What I really need is some "heavy clips" that are waterproof and of a soft material so they do not bang and scrape the bath.
I have plenty of lead in the garage.
Any ideas, DIY or other ?
Simon.

What has worked well for me is getting rid of nasty plastic shower curtains and switching to cotton. No billowing, no inward cling, more cost but last many times as long.

NT

sm_jamieson January 25th 16 09:16 PM

shower curtain weights

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 4:19:08 PM UTC, wrote:
On Monday, 25 January 2016 11:15:22 UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
To stop the shower curtain billowing, I have tried weighted hem shower curtains, double layer shower curtains and magnetic tablecloth weights attached to the bottom. All have problems.
What I really need is some "heavy clips" that are waterproof and of a soft material so they do not bang and scrape the bath.
I have plenty of lead in the garage.
Any ideas, DIY or other ?
Simon.

What has worked well for me is getting rid of nasty plastic shower curtains and switching to cotton. No billowing, no inward cling, more cost but last many times as long.

We had a fabric show curtain with a waited hem that was OK, but unless washed frequently, got rather mildewy around the bottom where it touched the bath. So we now have a PEVA one again. It just needs to be weighted.

You can get plastic covered fishing weights, so I could probably fashion something from them.

Simon.

sm_jamieson January 25th 16 11:43 PM

shower curtain weights

On Monday, 25 January 2016 21:16:43 UTC, sm_jamieson wrote:
[...]

Oh dear.

"show curtain", "waited hem"

I must be tyred ;-)

Simon.