Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default not just the car- it is the light bulbs too

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...rgy-efficiency

Like my mega efficient Bosch dish washer, that cant wash dishes unless they are clean to start with.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"misterroy" wrote in message
http://www.theguardian.com/environme...rgy-efficiency

Like my mega efficient Bosch dish washer, that cant wash dishes unless
they are clean to start with.

Which model ?

I never rinse dishes at all and normally the Bosch dishwasher gets them
clean.

I normally use Finish detergent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:39:15 PM UTC, misterroy wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/environme...rgy-efficiency

Like my mega efficient Bosch dish washer, that cant wash dishes unless they are clean to start with.

When my dishwasher seems to not wash properly, I usually find bits of rice in the jets.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lee
Derbyshire writes
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:39:15 PM UTC, misterroy wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...g-lightbulb-br
ands-making-false-claims-on-energy-efficiency

Like my mega efficient Bosch dish washer, that cant wash dishes
unless they are clean to start with.

When my dishwasher seems to not wash properly, I usually find bits of
rice in the jets.

I've got a Bosch dishwasher, about 3 yrs old, it washes much better than
the old AEG. Even on the most energy and water efficient programme it
normally gets oven casserole dishes clean as well, unless really baked
on stuff (and the instructions tell you to not rinse dishes)
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lee
Derbyshire writes
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:39:15 PM UTC, misterroy wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...g-lightbulb-br
ands-making-false-claims-on-energy-efficiency

Like my mega efficient Bosch dish washer, that cant wash dishes
unless they are clean to start with.

When my dishwasher seems to not wash properly, I usually find bits of
rice in the jets.

When mine doesn't wash properly I just ask her to do them again.

--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris French" wrote in message
In message , Lee
Derbyshire writes
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:39:15 PM UTC, misterroy wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/environme...g-lightbulb-br
ands-making-false-claims-on-energy-efficiency

Like my mega efficient Bosch dish washer, that cant wash dishes unless
they are clean to start with.

When my dishwasher seems to not wash properly, I usually find bits of rice
in the jets.

I've got a Bosch dishwasher, about 3 yrs old, it washes much better than
the old AEG. Even on the most energy and water efficient programme it
normally gets oven casserole dishes clean as well, unless really baked on
stuff (and the instructions tell you to not rinse dishes)

My Bosch dishwasher instructions say

It is not necessary to rinse the dishes under running water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 7:25:58 PM UTC, Bill wrote:
In message , Lee
Derbyshire writes
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 5:39:15 PM UTC, misterroy wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...g-lightbulb-br
ands-making-false-claims-on-energy-efficiency

Like my mega efficient Bosch dish washer, that cant wash dishes
unless they are clean to start with.

When my dishwasher seems to not wash properly, I usually find bits of
rice in the jets.

When mine doesn't wash properly I just ask her to do them again.

--
Bill

a mate has an older model and mine was as close as I could get to his. His roasting dish goes in straight from the oven and comes out clean. My machine struggles to clean the plates, but it does pass the A(or A++) rating it has.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Rod Speed
wrote:

[...]

so does ours, but practical experience had led us to wash off rice since it
clog either the jets or the filter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , charles
writes
In article , Rod Speed
wrote:

[...]

Oh yes, I scrape off food remains.

But ours is quite specific in telling you not to (as opposed to it not
being necessary). It can mess up the way it senses how much washing is
required or something.

--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Rod Speed
wrote:

[...]

I don’t normally have much rice left on
what its eaten from and don’t bother.

I did at one time occasionally get some glasses
in the top rack not washed properly but don’t
anymore. Not clear why. When I saw it to start
with it was when I first started using this dishwasher
that I got from a garage sale so maybe there was
some stuff in the upper arm that has been washed
out since or maybe its just because I am packing
the stuff in differently now. I normally fill the entire
top rack with the half sized glass bottles we call
stubbys that the home brewed beer goes in with
just one row of small glasses in there as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I only bother with the bigger bits like bits of uneaten potato.

I would do with stuff like chop bones but don't
eat those much and don't eat T bone steak either,
I prefer what we call porterhouse or scotch fillet.

But ours is quite specific in telling you not to (as opposed to it not
being necessary). It can mess up the way it senses how much washing is
required or something.

I find that hard to believe.

Bet its more likely to be some silly greeny's idea
of a better way to do things, using less water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/12/2015 19:36, misterroy wrote:

a mate has an older model and mine was as close as I could get to
his. His roasting dish goes in straight from the oven and comes out
clean. My machine struggles to clean the plates, but it does pass the
A(or A++) rating it has.

Its broken.
My really cheap A+ machine will clean anything, other than scrambled
eggs, off almost anything.
I have never found a dishwasher that can cope with egg properly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote
misterroy wrote

a mate has an older model and mine was as close as I could get to his.
His roasting dish goes in straight from the oven and comes out clean. My
machine struggles to clean the plates, but it does pass the A(or A++)
rating it has.

Its broken.

My really cheap A+ machine will clean anything, other than scrambled eggs,
off almost anything.

I have never found a dishwasher that can cope with egg properly.

Never had any problem with mine. I normally use Finish detergent.

One thing that I have had a problem with is the massive glass bowl
in convection ovens. I don’t normally bother to put them in the
dishwasher after ever use, usually used most nights, because they
are so big that the don’t leave much room in the bottom rack of
the dishwasher for anything else and don’t really need to be
washed that often because I put a paper towel under an
inverted rack in the bottom and discard that after each use.
So they get washed about every couple of weeks. The worst
of the backed on fatty layer doesn’t get removed by the
dishwasher, normally using Finish detergent.

Presumably a spray with oven cleaner and washing that
off under the tap before putting it in the dishwasher
should fix that problem but I haven't got around to
trying that yet, the problem is entirely cosmetic.

http://s.productreview.com.au/produc...0db2094fd8.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/12/2015 00:38, Rod Speed wrote:
dennis@home wrote
misterroy wrote

a mate has an older model and mine was as close as I could get to
his. His roasting dish goes in straight from the oven and comes out
clean. My machine struggles to clean the plates, but it does pass the
A(or A++) rating it has.

The energy rating has little to do with cleaning performance. Possibly,
even, there's an inverse relationship.

Its broken.

My really cheap A+ machine will clean anything, other than scrambled
eggs, off almost anything.

I have never found a dishwasher that can cope with egg properly.

Never had any problem with mine. I normally use Finish detergent.

Nor me, using Aldi posh pills (about 10p each) and a 6-monthly wash with
their dishwasher cleaner.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Rod Speed
writes

I did at one time occasionally get some glasses
in the top rack not washed properly but dont
anymore. Not clear why.

My schoolboy sense of humour. Glasses. Not clear ...
--
Graeme

Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...rgy-efficiency

It is the familiar trick known as "designing into the
tolerances". Legitimate but misleading.

Simply, for example, if you are working to a requirement with a
10% tolerance, and you can actually reliably control to 2%, then
depending on which way the advantage falls, you aim for either
+8% or -8%.

First time I came across this was after the GEC takeovers, and
the old AEI transformers factory at Wythenshawe was building
transformers designed by GEC Rugby. I still remember the
undisguised scorn when the AEI engineers saw the GEC technical
data sheets and found that they had been doing exactly that.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

News wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I did at one time occasionally get some glasses
in the top rack not washed properly but dont
anymore. Not clear why.

My schoolboy sense of humour. Glasses. Not clear ...

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't
enjoyed that so much the last time...