DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Under - bath electrical connectio (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/388050-under-bath-electrical-connectio.html)

[email protected] December 15th 15 08:54 PM

Under - bath electrical connectio

Hello.
We've just had some work done on our house and the tradesman noticed that power shower pump (located on the floor under the bath) is connected by a plug to a trailing socket that runs under the bath to the wall before diving down to the ground floor. The trailing socket is then connected to the house circuit breaker box.

The current proposal to remedy this is to route the pump wiring through the bathroom wall to a a wall-mounted, switched socket. This will also mean taking power from somewhere else and running a new cable to the socket (as there is no nearby mains cable that could be tapped into)

This seems a bit excessive. I was wondering if it's permissible to use something like an IPx4 or better electrical connector to effectively splice the pump into the socket's cable (obviously discarding the existing plug and socket)?

Thanks

[email protected] December 15th 15 10:51 PM

Under - bath electrical connectio

You've probably got a cold, then, or forgotten to wipe your feet.

[email protected] December 18th 15 05:21 PM

Under - bath electrical connectio

So is the space beneath the bath enclosed and requires the use of a tool or key to access it?