DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Overpainting black bitumen paint? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/387680-re-overpainting-black-bitumen-paint.html)

[email protected] December 4th 15 11:54 AM

Overpainting black bitumen paint?

David, Did you find a answer that worked as I have the same problem. Chris

alan_m December 4th 15 10:38 PM

On 04/12/2015 11:54, wrote:
David, Did you find a answer that worked as I have the same problem. Chris

Aluminium Primer?
http://www.duluxtradepaintexpert.co....sheets/204.pdf

http://tinyurl.com/pkae5rx

20+ years ago when I renovated my house most of the paint work had an
undercoat very much like tar. It appeared to be rather sticky even when
left for many weeks. A lot of hard work got it most of it off and a
coat or two of aluminium primer has stopped any bleed coming through
white painted surfaces.