Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Algae & Moss Removal (corrected)

I recently posted about how to clean a lot of fencing panels prior to
re-staining.

I had tried Sodium Hypochlorite & Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide mix, this
worked very well on my sandstone patio, but concerned about bleaching
effect on the wood, removal of colour from existing stain, and how this
could effect longevity of new stain.

Did a lot of Googling around and came across a product recommendation
.... 'Wet & Forget' http://www.wetandforget.co.uk/

I managed to get a sample to try ..... diluted 5 to 1 ... simply
sprayed it on ... no agitation whatsoever.
All algae dead the next day ..where it was thin ... simply gone, where
it was thick, what remains is a white powder.

This can be brushed off or it will wash off in the rain.

Impressed how well this performed. It contains no bleach and has
unlimited shelf life ... as it also works on brick & stone I just
ordered 20L of it ... and will spray my cills, lintols, pillars & copings.
As well as all fence (6000 sq ft) and the patio to stop re-growth.

It seems it is well advertised on the TV shopping channels - I went to
manufacturers web site .. and their price was the same .......... but
importantly there is also a 20% scheme if you get recommended by a user.
Discount applies to both party's.

(happy to recommend any of you if you want the 20% off - ping me an email)

I used that and saved a nice chunk of money.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

rick wrote:
[...]

Did you have any plants near the fence and did they survive?

Looks like 10% off code WETCLOUD10 dunno if it works with the 20% intro
code too.
Also seems to be sold at costco - no idea of price.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2015 18:15, Bob Minchin wrote:
rick wrote:

Did you have any plants near the fence and did they survive?

Looks like 10% off code WETCLOUD10 dunno if it works with the 20% intro
code too.
Also seems to be sold at costco - no idea of price.

I saw the WETCLOUD10 discount ... but then saw on their web site if you
get a user to request a discount for you you get 20% ....

I only have grass near fence ... seems unaffected - but don't know about
plants.
Impressed how fast it killed all the algae .. simply spayed on.

Did read in FAQ that it will kill fish if used in/on fish ponds, can't
recall any warning about plants.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Does this white powder have any safety issues for plants or wildlife at all?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
rick wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian-Gaff wrote:

Now all I need is a bramble killing substance and I'll be happy!

rootout is good on them, but if you keep at them frequently with
gylphosate they do give up after a couple of years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2015 09:38, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Now all I need is a bramble killing substance and I'll be happy!

Brian

I spent nearly 10 years killing Knotweed in previous house .. none here,
but have the highly resistant Mare Tail.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rick wrote:

Did you have any plants near the fence and did they survive?

Looks like 10% off code WETCLOUD10 dunno if it works with the 20% intro
code too.
Also seems to be sold at costco - no idea of price.

I saw the WETCLOUD10 discount ... but then saw on their web site if you
get a user to request a discount for you you get 20% ....

I only have grass near fence ... seems unaffected - but don't know about
plants.
Impressed how fast it killed all the algae .. simply spayed on.

Did read in FAQ that it will kill fish if used in/on fish ponds, can't
recall any warning about plants.

Sounds impressive.

Here's an MSDS

http://complyplus.grainger.com/grain...heetid=3809640

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2015 09:36, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Does this white powder have any safety issues for plants or wildlife at all?
Brian

Manufacturer website has a FAQ .. sorry I don't know

Algae & Moss removal rick UK diy 5 November 25th 15 01:47 PM
Killing Driveway Moss / Algae ? Bob[_44_] Home Repair 6 August 24th 14 02:29 AM
Slppy green algae on block paving, removal p.mc[_2_] UK diy 0 March 27th 10 04:27 PM
Advice for moss and algae on asphalt roof shingles [email protected] Home Repair 38 November 28th 09 10:08 PM
Moss algae removal ste UK diy 40 October 8th 07 07:22 AM