Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gridwatch at Sizewell

We went on a trip to Sizewell B power station today (group trip with
some other home educating families).

At the end of trip, in the visitor centre entrance, one of guides was
showing some of them the current Uk power station outputs on an iPad.
Yup it was showing the Gridwatch website :-)
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/15 00:34, Tim Watts wrote:
On 09/10/15 23:17, Chris French wrote:
We went on a trip to Sizewell B power station today (group trip with
some other home educating families).

At the end of trip, in the visitor centre entrance, one of guides was
showing some of them the current Uk power station outputs on an iPad.
Yup it was showing the Gridwatch website :-)

Awesome!

It's part of an OU course now as well.

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris French
writes
We went on a trip to Sizewell B power station today (group trip with
some other home educating families).

Tangent alert. What, if anything, is happening with Sizewell C these
days?

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

News wrote:

What, if anything, is happening with Sizewell C these days?

http://sizewell.edfenergyconsultation.info/wp-content/uploads/Sizewell-C-September-Community-Newsletter.pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 10/10/15 00:34, Tim Watts wrote:
On 09/10/15 23:17, Chris French wrote:
We went on a trip to Sizewell B power station today (group trip with
some other home educating families).

At the end of trip, in the visitor centre entrance, one of guides was
showing some of them the current Uk power station outputs on an iPad.
Yup it was showing the Gridwatch website :-)

Awesome!

It's part of an OU course now as well.

Should I mention that the gf's lad got extra marks for using it on some
school work regarding the importance of renewable energy?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy
Burns writes
News wrote:

What, if anything, is happening with Sizewell C these days?

http://sizewell.edfenergyconsultatio...oads/Sizewell-
C-September-Community-Newsletter.pdf

Yes, I had read that, but it does not really say much. It seems to
refer to Sizewell C as a proposal, which is very early days.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/2015 12:30, News wrote:
In message , Andy
Burns writes
News wrote:

What, if anything, is happening with Sizewell C these days?

http://sizewell.edfenergyconsultatio...oads/Sizewell-
C-September-Community-Newsletter.pdf

Yes, I had read that, but it does not really say much. It seems to
refer to Sizewell C as a proposal, which is very early days.

It's rather going to depend on what happens with Hinkley Point C.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

News wrote:

Andy Burns writes:

http://sizewell.edfenergyconsultatio...oads/Sizewell-
C-September-Community-Newsletter.pdf

I had read that, but it does not really say much.

Well, you know how to interpret that then ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 09:42:05 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

It also surprises me that the same PTB haven't got round to providing
readily available data on solar power, bearing in mind the emphasis and
widespread interest in renewable energy sources. Surely the data must
exist somewhere, otherwise how do TPTB know how much to reimburse the
Harry's of this world,

Harry's send in their generation reading every month/quarter and get
paid accordingly plus a bonus of 50% of that generation that has been
deemed to be exported, even if none has been exported. So no realtime
data on these purely financial investment installations is available.

... or the big commercial operators with their acres of solar farms?

That ought to be realtime available but have we actually got much
large scale solar PV? Does even get to a single gigawatt flat out?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy
Burns writes
News wrote:

Andy Burns writes:

http://sizewell.edfenergyconsultatio...oads/Sizewell-
C-September-Community-Newsletter.pdf

I had read that, but it does not really say much.

Well, you know how to interpret that then ...

smile I did spend quite a lot of time reading about the original
proposal, the projections etc. Rail terminal, roads etc. Although
we're now in Aberdeenshire, I know that part of the world quite well,
and should we ever move back south, Suffolk/Norfolk will probably be top
of the list.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 12:04:45 +0100, "ARW"

On 10/10/15 00:34, Tim Watts wrote:
On 09/10/15 23:17, Chris French wrote:
We went on a trip to Sizewell B power station today (group trip with
some other home educating families).

At the end of trip, in the visitor centre entrance, one of guides was
showing some of them the current Uk power station outputs on an iPad.
Yup it was showing the Gridwatch website :-)

Awesome!

It's part of an OU course now as well.

Should I mention that the gf's lad got extra marks for using it on some
school work regarding the importance of renewable energy?

My daughters linguistics dissertation compared the idiosyncrasies of
uk.rec.sheds, and something called Mumsnet. uk.diy may have got in
there, but I can't remember.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

OT Gridwatch [email protected] UK diy 7 December 9th 14 03:39 AM
Gridwatch ... Arfa Daily UK diy 10 November 28th 14 12:24 AM
More gridwatch Brian Gaff UK diy 0 November 28th 12 11:30 PM
Accident at at Sizewell B nuclear reactor? Mel Rowing UK diy 1 April 9th 08 10:50 PM
Accident at at Sizewell B nuclear reactor? stevelup UK diy 0 April 9th 08 07:00 PM