Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Corrugated roofing sheets

Good evening folks,
perhaps I am being lazy but Google is not my friend tonight.

A friend wants to extend the roof of her horse stable rearwards. Stable is
6 months old. Make unknown.

The corrugated roofing sheets are about 2" pitch x 1.5"depth x 1/4" thick.
Not metal and not clear plastic. Rounded, not folded square edge. Dark
grey/black in colour and quite pliable. Perhaps some kind of fibre or
composite.
Any idea what these might be and a supplier?

Many thanks,
Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/2015 20:50, Andy Burns wrote:
Nick wrote:

The corrugated roofing sheets are about 2" pitch x 1.5"depth x 1/4"
thick.
Not metal and not clear plastic. Rounded, not folded square edge. Dark
grey/black in colour and quite pliable. Perhaps some kind of fibre or
composite.
Any idea what these might be and a supplier?

onduline/coroline?

+1. Wickes do an "own brand" which I think is identical to Onduline.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote:

The corrugated roofing sheets are about 2" pitch x 1.5"depth x 1/4"
thick.
Not metal and not clear plastic. Rounded, not folded square edge. Dark
grey/black in colour and quite pliable. Perhaps some kind of fibre or
composite.
Any idea what these might be and a supplier?

onduline/coroline?

+1. Wickes do an "own brand" which I think is identical to Onduline.

About 6 years ago, when I built a shed, I used Onduline from Wickes.
Somewhere else I saw some Coroline and it seemed almost flimsy by
comparison.
I did notice that Wickes now had its 'own' version, so I hope that it's
Onduline. Onduline, at that pitch, is (was?) 2.5mm thick.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

onduline/coroline?

+1. Wickes do an "own brand" which I think is identical to Onduline.

It's not own brand, it *is* coroline, which is the slightly thinner
variety, something like 2.5mm vs 3mm for onduline, IIRC

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PeterC wrote:

I did notice that Wickes now had its 'own' version

Maybe they've changed from 2-3 years ago when I did my shed, I avoided
Wickes/B&Q because they were selling the 'thin' stuff, which at the time
wasn't an own-brand version.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 22:40:25 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

PeterC wrote:

I did notice that Wickes now had its 'own' version

Maybe they've changed from 2-3 years ago when I did my shed, I avoided
Wickes/B&Q because they were selling the 'thin' stuff, which at the time
wasn't an own-brand version.

That's interesting - it's about half the years since I did mine and I do
remember being in Wickes, looking at the sheets and feeling one. It seemed
flimsier than the ones that I'd used. Then came the own brand but I've never
looked at those.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away