Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish: Curtains

Quite an impressive building:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/a...n-sale-for-14m

I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom. How does that work in
buildings like this?

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RJH wrote:

Quite an impressive building:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/a...n-sale-for-14m

I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom. How does that work in
buildings like this?

Build it on a hillside so only the top two floors are visible from the
street, with three more floors going down the hillside and facing into a
ravine ... apparently

https://goo.gl/maps/HrqRNTvhdxS2

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RJH wrote

Quite an impressive building:

Sure, but the price is a bit of a problem.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/a...n-sale-for-14m

I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom. How does that work in
buildings like this?

There are shutters. And not that many close neighbours.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 08:26:39 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom.

Maybe they've got LCD windows. I've just found you can buy the film and retrofit it to existing windows, apparently.

http://www.guardianwindowfilm.co.uk/...e-window-film/

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
RJH wrote

I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom.

Maybe they've got LCD windows. I've just found you can buy the film and
retrofit it to existing windows, apparently.

http://www.guardianwindowfilm.co.uk/...e-window-film/

Bet there's a reason they don't mention the price or how long it lasts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
writes

Maybe they've got LCD windows. I've just found you can buy the film and
retrofit it to existing windows, apparently.

http://www.guardianwindowfilm.co.uk/...e-window-film/

Just what Tim needs for his bathroom door :-)
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/6/2015 5:24 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 08:26:39 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom.

Maybe they've got LCD windows. I've just found you can buy the film and retrofit it to existing windows, apparently.

http://www.guardianwindowfilm.co.uk/...e-window-film/

I've seen double-glazed windows with micro venetian blinds built in to
them - quite invisible when open, completely private when closed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 12:37:29 UTC+1, S Viemeister wrote:

I've seen double-glazed windows with micro venetian blinds built in to
them - quite invisible when open, completely private when closed.

and nonfunctional after a while. And a display of lots of broken blinds isn't that great.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

They sleep with their clothes on?
grin.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"RJH" wrote in message
Quite an impressive building:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/a...n-sale-for-14m

I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom. How does that work in
buildings like this?

--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 08:26:39 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
Quite an impressive building:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/a...n-sale-for-14m

I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom. How does that work in
buildings like this?

--
Cheers, Rob

Another f*****g architect designed, unlivable in glass box.
Surprised it didn't feature in Grand Designs. Seems perfect for that programme.
Looks like total ****, will be fit for demolition in ten years.

Noted it sold for less than the building cost.
Which shows how truely horrid it is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 08:26:39 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
Quite an impressive building:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/a...n-sale-for-14m

I can't see any curtains - even in the bedroom. How does that work in
buildings like this?

--
Cheers, Rob

Another f*****g architect designed, unlivable in glass box.
Surprised it didn't feature in Grand Designs. Seems perfect for that
programme.
Looks like total ****, will be fit for demolition in ten years.

Noted it sold for less than the building cost.
Which shows how truely horrid it is.

Nope, just that there is a shortage of those who
want to pay that much for somewhere to live.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 16:24:19 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
nt:
:
On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 12:37:29 UTC+1, S Viemeister wrote:

I've seen double-glazed windows with micro venetian blinds built in
to them - quite invisible when open, completely private when closed.

and nonfunctional after a while. And a display of lots of broken
blinds isn't that great.

...only if the users are clumsy. Should be ok in a home environment.

I've only seen one such setup, and more of the blinds were broken than not. It looked crap. I don'k know how well they had been treated but with that many failures IRL I'd not choose such a design.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian-Gaff
writes
They sleep with their clothes on?
grin.
Brian

We often don't bother with closing curtains on the back window of the
bedroom. Though we are in the middle of the village our back isn't
overlooked
--
Chris French

Curtains Mr Pounder[_2_] UK diy 12 June 25th 12 12:32 PM
curtains Uno Home Repair 4 September 18th 10 09:59 PM
Curtains Dymphna[_62_] Home Repair 17 January 12th 10 11:35 PM
Net curtains and DG George UK diy 1 May 9th 08 09:12 PM
Curtains antz UK diy 3 November 25th 04 10:19 AM