DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Telephone Handsets/Headsets (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/382-re-telephone-handsets-headsets.html)

Hiram Hackenbacker July 16th 03 01:32 PM

Telephone Handsets/Headsets

On 16 Jul 2003 05:30:26 -0700, (Meoww) wrote:

I would like to replace some of the lift up handsets on our office
telephones with headsets. Has anyone ever done this, is it easy and
where can you get them from?

Our phone system is a rather old Philips 'Sopho' system with four
extensions on it and three incoming lines and I'm not sure whether it
would work. For instance, how do you 'Pick-up' and 'hang-up' a call
without the handset. Or is it a case of using the handset and headset
in parallel?

Any ideas?

Re-post to the uk.telecom newsgroup.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker

Keith D July 16th 03 07:46 PM

Telephone Handsets/Headsets

Try Plantronics website maybe.

In om,
an infinite number of Meowws, in an attempt to produce the entire works of
Shakespeare, typed:
I would like to replace some of the lift up handsets on our office
telephones with headsets. Has anyone ever done this, is it easy and
where can you get them from?

Our phone system is a rather old Philips 'Sopho' system with four
extensions on it and three incoming lines and I'm not sure whether it
would work. For instance, how do you 'Pick-up' and 'hang-up' a call
without the handset. Or is it a case of using the handset and headset
in parallel?

Any ideas?

Patrick

Mark July 16th 03 08:25 PM

Telephone Handsets/Headsets

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:46:37 GMT, "Keith D" munged @ munged . com
wrote:

Try Plantronics website maybe.

In om,
an infinite number of Meowws, in an attempt to produce the entire works of
Shakespeare, typed:
I would like to replace some of the lift up handsets on our office
telephones with headsets. Has anyone ever done this, is it easy and
where can you get them from?

Our phone system is a rather old Philips 'Sopho' system with four
extensions on it and three incoming lines and I'm not sure whether it
would work. For instance, how do you 'Pick-up' and 'hang-up' a call
without the handset. Or is it a case of using the handset and headset
in parallel?

Any ideas?

Patrick

At work the sales office has Plantronics headsets which plug into the
existing phones, you need to replace/remove the original handset when
using them but they work ok. Not cheap though.

Mark S.

BigWallop July 17th 03 04:50 AM

Telephone Handsets/Headsets

"Meoww" wrote in message
om...
I would like to replace some of the lift up handsets on our office
telephones with headsets. Has anyone ever done this, is it easy and
where can you get them from?

Our phone system is a rather old Philips 'Sopho' system with four
extensions on it and three incoming lines and I'm not sure whether it
would work. For instance, how do you 'Pick-up' and 'hang-up' a call
without the handset. Or is it a case of using the handset and headset
in parallel?

Any ideas?

Patrick

These people are rather good with this type of thing:

http://www.tmilimited.co.uk/headsets.htm

Why not drop them an e-mail and see if they can help.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com