Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default What does the sticker say?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:01:20 +0100, "ARW" wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

This lamp to be illuminated during the hours of daylight only.

--
Regards, Paul Herber
http://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/15 16:01, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Bottom sentence is something like, "Please remove this label on
installation"

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/15 16:47, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 23/08/15 16:01, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Bottom sentence is something like, "Please remove this label on
installation"

Ah,

"on completion of installation...."

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2015 16:47, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 23/08/15 16:01, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Bottom sentence is something like, "Please remove this label on
installation"

I thought it said you need a better camera to read this.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

It says 'Acme indestructable lamp stickers, if this sticker has blown away
we will replace it free of charge, please call 0800 555 1234'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 23 August 2015 16:01:43 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

If you can read this you should be wearing eye protection

If you can't read this you should have worn eye protection

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Do not use ladder for lamp replacement access.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:20:09 +0100, Paul Herber
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:01:20 +0100, "ARW" wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

This lamp to be illuminated during the hours of daylight only.

That would be even dafter than this one I saw:
https://flic.kr/p/xreWuM

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Logic leads me to think it says,
"The cross-bar is for ornamental purposes and pigeons only and must
not be used as a ladder support"

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

"If you stop and take a photograph of this sticker, you really do need to
get a life"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

eb.com...
On 23/08/15 16:01, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Bottom sentence is something like, "Please remove this label on
installation"

I thought it said you need a better camera to read this.

I thought I had just taken out enough detail on the photo to stop people
reading it (well done Adrian)

Nothing wrong with the camera thank you Mr Dennis "Bailey"

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/0b/Answerto1.jpg

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

In message , ARW
writes
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Do not use ladder for lamp replacement access.

"Do not throw stones at this notice"

--
Sam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

I thought I had just taken out enough detail on the photo to stop people
reading it

Heh, I checked the upload history of the Wiki to check if you'd already
uploaded the answer :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Sam Plusnet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

In message , ARW
writes
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Do not use ladder for lamp replacement access.

"Do not throw stones at this notice"

"This sticker is intentionally blank"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/15 16:01, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Bottom sentence is something like, "Please remove this label on
installation"

I thought it said you need a better camera to read this.

That was my initial thought too but, after checking the image properties
and the Fuji FinePix JV500 Andy had used, I decided that a better
photographer would have saved any need for 'guessing games'.

The shot was taken at its wide angle setting (6.8mm) rather than at its
zoom setting (20.4mm) which would have captured enough detail to make the
print readable.

I'm guessing Adam didn't notice the sticker until it was too late to
take a zoomed in shot of the lamp. A good photographer would have noticed
and took the extra 'detail shot' 'just for the record'.

--
Johnny B Good

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 23/08/15 16:01, ARW wrote:
[...]

You could read the sticker on the non zoomed in photo if you have access to
the 5Mb image.

I could not read the sticker when stood on the ground.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 19:46:15 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"Sam Plusnet" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...

In message , ARW
writes
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/03/Bestguess.jpg

Spotted it whilst on the way to the pub/beach/takeaway.

Answers on a postcard from Filey preferred but not required.

Do not use ladder for lamp replacement access.

"Do not throw stones at this notice"

"This sticker is intentionally blank"

Notice to the plumber.
Please remove this sticker from the High Level Cistern using soap and
water.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

WTB? sticker for CU Tim..[_3_] UK diy 9 November 4th 11 10:07 PM
Fun Sticker Stormin Mormon[_3_] Home Repair 1 August 16th 10 10:51 PM
What's a 3M Sticker? JoeJoe UK diy 10 September 2nd 08 03:49 PM
Do you like STICKER SHOCKS? buyer Metalworking 3 January 27th 08 07:45 AM
how to sticker william kossack Woodworking 15 February 1st 06 02:37 AM