DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removal of gel stickers from glass (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/381479-removal-gel-stickers-glass.html)

Mag July 14th 15 02:44 AM

Removal of gel stickers from glass

White spirit first preferably odourless. Then washing up liquid.. Never
use gel stickers again... They melt in hot weather...

Etaoin Shrdlu[_4_] July 14th 15 08:21 AM

Mag wrote:

White spirit first preferably odourless. Then washing up liquid.. Never
use gel stickers again... They melt in hot weather...

Thanks, Mag. My missus thought it wuld be a good idea to stick a load
on our patio doors at Christmas. Still not able to get them off.

Martin Brown July 14th 15 09:28 AM

On 14/07/2015 02:44, Mag wrote:

White spirit first preferably odourless. Then washing up liquid.. Never
use gel stickers again... They melt in hot weather...

Swarfega works better than anything for removing recalcitrant stickers
from most smooth surfaces. It pongs a bit but with a gel formulation you
can apply and leave for a while then scrape it all off.

Quick rinse and polish and you are done.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Toby July 15th 15 09:40 AM

On 14/07/2015 08:21, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
Mag wrote:

White spirit first preferably odourless. Then washing up liquid.. Never
use gel stickers again... They melt in hot weather...

Thanks, Mag. My missus thought it wuld be a good idea to stick a load
on our patio doors at Christmas. Still not able to get them off.

Have you tried scraping it off with a Stanley knife blade (bare)

--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply

---

Etaoin Shrdlu[_4_] July 15th 15 10:12 AM

Mag wrote:

White spirit first preferably odourless. Then washing up liquid.. Never
use gel stickers again... They melt in hot weather...

Thanks, Mag. My missus thought it wuld be a good idea to stick a load
on our patio doors at Christmas. Still not able to get them off.

Have you tried scraping it off with a Stanley knife blade (bare)

Not yet, but I will. I'll ask for permission to attempt to remove them
again later :-)