Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Honeywell CM927 LCD screen fail - common?

mine started to fail after about 2 years. it became worse and worse until the display was completely unreadable. The DIY fix described here worked well, but after a few months, they started failing again ... and again ...

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1058940-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 18:31, Rachel S wrote:
I got a guy on eBay to replair mine. Cost £15. Free 0&o and no charge if
he couldnt repair it. No brainer!

I thought this was a DIY newsgroup? Trivial to carry out the repair
yourself too.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I had done the fix once about two years ago and it worked. Tried again and it didnt work this time as its quite old. Maybe concentrate on being a little more positive. It was better than having to purchase a new one.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1058940-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Apart from trolling, your post serves no purpose! Reusewhereyoucan replied to a 4 month old post, managed to find this thread useful, managed to figure out where the original post was and seems quite happy!? What's your point?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1058940-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2021 19:45, Parksy wrote:
Apart from trolling, your post serves no purpose! Reusewhereyoucan
replied to a 4 month old post,

It is a 5 year old topic.

managed to find this thread useful,
managed to figure out where the original post was and seems quite
happy!? What's your point?

Your post shows you didn't read the link and haven't a clue how usenet
works.

The link shows how Home Owners Club effective hijacks post on public
news servers.

You don't come across as being very bright, not untypical of posters
posting through www homeownershub com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2021 19:45, Parksy wrote:

Apart from trolling, your post serves no purpose! Reusewhereyoucan
replied to a 4 month old post, managed to find this thread useful,
managed to figure out where the original post was and seems quite
happy!? What's your point?

I think he was just highlighting that because of the way HOH works, we
get lots of disembodied replies to ancient posts, and quite often its
not very obvious to what they refer since the original thread will have
long since expired in most people's usenet feeds. (uk.d-i-y in not a web
forum, but a usenet group).

(Granted in this case it was fairly obvious from the message title alone
since that particular stat failing with a dodgy display crops up as a FAQ)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have just done this repair. It works a treat, and requires no tools except for a flat head screwdriver to gently ease off the casing, and a hairdryer. I am SO glad I found this post. I was about to spend about £100 on a replacement.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1058940-.htm