DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What sealants conform to "flexible fire resistant compound"? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/381307-what-sealants-conform-flexible-fire-resistant-compound.html)

Fredxxx June 24th 15 09:45 PM

What sealants conform to "flexible fire resistant compound"?

This would be for a sealant between a sleeve and a pipe carrying gas.

I notice that the IGEM procedures use the term "mastic seal" as an
example but the description "mastic" is very vague.

Can anyone provide what sealant the trade use?

A.Lee June 24th 15 10:22 PM

Fredxxx wrote:

This would be for a sealant between a sleeve and a pipe carrying gas.

I notice that the IGEM procedures use the term "mastic seal" as an
example but the description "mastic" is very vague.

Can anyone provide what sealant the trade use?

Something from the Pyrocoustic range:
http://www.fsiltd.com/sealant.html
--
Alan
To reply by mail, change '+' to 'plus'

Fredxxx June 25th 15 09:23 PM

On 24/06/2015 22:22, A.Lee wrote:
Fredxxx wrote:

This would be for a sealant between a sleeve and a pipe carrying gas.

I notice that the IGEM procedures use the term "mastic seal" as an
example but the description "mastic" is very vague.

Can anyone provide what sealant the trade use?

Something from the Pyrocoustic range:
http://www.fsiltd.com/sealant.html

Many thanks for the idea. I can't see any reference to sealing sleeves
carrying gas pipe.

I have come across intumescent sealant:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsens...te-310ml/70510

though perhaps this is more appropriate:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsens...te-310ml/77289
It says fire retardant in the headline, but it does claim to have fire
resistance.

What do plumbers really use?

[email protected] June 25th 15 09:48 PM

On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 9:45:25 PM UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
This would be for a sealant between a sleeve and a pipe carrying gas.

I notice that the IGEM procedures use the term "mastic seal" as an
example but the description "mastic" is very vague.

Can anyone provide what sealant the trade use?

Plumba Flue Is widely for this job.

Note that a seal is only used on the the interior sleeve in a building.

The exterior of the sleeve is left open

Fredxxx June 25th 15 10:03 PM

On 25/06/2015 21:48, wrote:
On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 9:45:25 PM UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
This would be for a sealant between a sleeve and a pipe carrying gas.

I notice that the IGEM procedures use the term "mastic seal" as an
example but the description "mastic" is very vague.

Can anyone provide what sealant the trade use?

Plumba Flue Is widely for this job.

Many thanks. I see it can only stand 300 degs C but if that is what is

Note that a seal is only used on the the interior sleeve in a building.

The exterior of the sleeve is left open

I was aware of that, but this is for an internal wall. I had presumed
best practice would be to seal the end with the smallest volume of space.