Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do I change my newlec door entry code???

The flat never came with a manual so I don't know how to change it. Anyone
got any idea?

Not sure what model it is but says nlvkbwhn on the back

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Any pandy pretended :
The flat never came with a manual so I don't know how to change it. Anyone
got any idea?

Not sure what model it is but says nlvkbwhn on the back

Those I have come across, not Newlec, but it may be similar...

You need a key to open the unit up, to get access to the PCB. On the
PCB there are jumper pin links, 8 digits for a common code setting, 8
digits for a master code setting. If you know the present code, you
should be able to look at the jumpers, to see how the jumpers need to
be set.

The common code is the one given to all who might need entry and is
usually changed frequently. The master code is more of a static one,
for those who come less often, but still need to be able to gain entry
or for emergency use. I use one on my garage / workshop side door, to
avoid the need for keys.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield formulated the question :
Any pandy pretended :
The flat never came with a manual so I don't know how to change it. Anyone
got any idea?

Not sure what model it is but says nlvkbwhn on the back

Those I have come across, not Newlec, but it may be similar...

You need a key to open the unit up, to get access to the PCB. On the PCB
there are jumper pin links, 8 digits for a common code setting, 8 digits for
a master code setting. If you know the present code, you should be able to
look at the jumpers, to see how the jumpers need to be set.

The common code is the one given to all who might need entry and is usually
changed frequently. The master code is more of a static one, for those who
come less often, but still need to be able to gain entry or for emergency
use. I use one on my garage / workshop side door, to avoid the need for keys.

Sorry, I made an assumption that it was an electronic one. There are
mechanical versions about.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Replacing entry door only - no prehung door woods[_2_] Home Repair 8 May 2nd 09 04:00 PM
Child door locks for entry door crust Home Repair 8 June 30th 08 07:04 PM
Door Entry System - Aluminium Door John UK diy 8 October 30th 07 11:04 PM
Entry Door Charles Bishop Home Repair 4 May 12th 07 06:31 AM
Resetting Newlec Call Point Paul UK diy 1 June 27th 06 11:25 PM