DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bosch12 SD (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/381071-bosch12-sd.html)

fred[_8_] May 30th 15 08:36 PM

Bosch12 SD

Anyone here got a Bosch 12 SD Sliding mitre saw ?

I broke something on mine and now when I lower the blade into the cutting position the blade guard doesn't retract far enough. This obstructs the blade descending into its full cutting position. If I pull the head out far enough and then drop and slide it I can get the blade guard to retract sufficiently.

its not an insurmountable problem but I right p.i.t.a.

I've studied the parts diagrams but can see nothing missing from around the actuation arm.

If someone could supply me a photo of the left hand side of the blade guard and its actuation mechanism it might help me establish the problem.

Thanks in anticipation