DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   adaptor to join hosepipe run to irrigation timer.... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/381046-adaptor-join-hosepipe-run-irrigation-timer.html)

JimK[_3_] May 27th 15 11:26 PM

adaptor to join hosepipe run to irrigation timer....

I bought an irrigation timer that's designed to screw onto a usual outside tap and a hose comes off it to lead to the target plants.

I want to mount it away from the tap, I.e. at the end of a run of hosepipe, in the greenhouse.

Anyone know of a fitting to change from hosepipe to a 3/4 or 1/2 MALE outside tap thread, that can then be connected to the input of the timer to achieve this?

TIA

Jim K

JimK[_3_] May 27th 15 11:38 PM

adaptor to join hosepipe run to irrigation timer....

Belay that.

'Garden Tap Hose Pipe Connector Adaptor Male screw'

Jim K

harryagain[_2_] May 28th 15 12:27 AM

"JimK" wrote in message
Belay that.

'Garden Tap Hose Pipe Connector Adaptor Male screw'

Go down to a proper heating equipment supplier with your timer.
They will sell you any/everything you want, ie pipe fittings to make up what
you want.
There are many possible solutions.

Toby May 28th 15 07:28 AM

On 27/05/2015 23:26, JimK wrote:
I bought an irrigation timer that's designed to screw onto a usual outside tap and a hose comes off it to lead to the target plants.

I want to mount it away from the tap, I.e. at the end of a run of hosepipe, in the greenhouse.

Anyone know of a fitting to change from hosepipe to a 3/4 or 1/2 MALE outside tap thread, that can then be connected to the input of the timer to achieve this?

TIA

Jim K

One of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151612919576

and one of these on the hoze?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251972134469

--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply

JimK[_3_] May 28th 15 08:49 AM

adaptor to join hosepipe run to irrigation timer....

/One of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151612919576/q

Dat am de puppy! Same seller I found too!

Jim K

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] May 28th 15 10:56 AM

adaptor to join hosepipe run to irrigation timer....

JimK explained :

Anyone know of a fitting to change from hosepipe to a 3/4 or 1/2 MALE outside
tap thread, that can then be connected to the input of the timer to achieve
this?

TIA

Jim K

If I understand your need correctly - 3/4 BSP male to 12mm pipe tail

You can also buy 3/4 BSP female to 12mm pipe tail

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Dennis@home May 28th 15 08:45 PM

On 27/05/2015 23:38, JimK wrote:
Belay that.

'Garden Tap Hose Pipe Connector Adaptor Male screw'

Jim K

This one?

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Land...Adaptor/p39197