Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q

On Thu, 28 May 2015 15:32:19 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

I fell out with B&Q when they tried to charge me 34 quid for 10 solar
powered garden light. I thought they were £12 which was a bit dear, but as I
was in there ...

I got attracted to the shiney light because I'm a northerner.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2015-05-28, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

[23 lines snipped]

over at uk.radio.amateur a Stephen Thomas Cole is running a
sweepstake
on
when I am going to cark it ....lovely guy ......

Can you please keep this nonsense in the cesspit where it belongs.

Please mind your own business ....

You're posting on a public newsgroup, bozo.

and? .... your point is?

You cannot post in a public newsgroup and then tell people to mind their
own business when they respond to that posting. Usenet is not a "one to
one" medium. If you want to do that, use email.

mind your own business ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I fell out with B&Q when they tried to charge me 34 quid for 10 solar
powered garden light. I thought they were £12 which was a bit dear, but as
was in there ...

I got attracted to the shiney light because I'm a northerner.

Northerners take a pride in their homes and gardens.
How goes it in your Tower Hamlets flat these day?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 28 May 2015 07:46:05 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 27/05/2015 20:37, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Who likes the new B&Q Wednesday 10% off old fart card ? .........

Have they changed it? I've had a card for years but rarely use it. Is
my old card still valid?
Cheers,
Roger

just go in and try to use it they will give you a new one .........

They also want your email address if possible.

yes It is great getting an email listing your purchases even ones not made
on a Wednesday .......

just don't give your card to some youngster to use at the scan your own
machine ...... they check you are an old fart before you can pay .....

I used my dads card years ago although at the till. They said I didn;t look old enough I said the phone is for my dad (it had large buttons)and he;d asked me to get it because he couldn't come to the store due to age. With a bit of a grumble they accepted and he got the 10% discount bu they sdaid next time bring a letter stating it's for you dad with you.
I didn't bother asking how they'd know it was written by my dad and not me.
My dad was good at outsmarting them, once he took a 3 year old agros catalogue in and asked them to match the price on a cieling light, they did so he saved £20.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 May 2015 12:36:17 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

I fell out with B&Q when they tried to charge me 34 quid for 10 solar
powered garden light. I thought they were £12 which was a bit dear, but as
was in there ...

I got attracted to the shiney light because I'm a northerner.

Northerners take a pride in their homes and gardens.

So as well as a liking for shiney things another similarity to
Travelers and Pikeys then, their presence may lower the tone of area
but their own accommodation is usually immaculate.

How goes it in your Tower Hamlets flat these day?

I live on the Fringe of the Westcountry,not somewhere that the
residents of Blackpool and surrounding area feel a bond with because
they both have tower.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I fell out with B&Q when they tried to charge me 34 quid for 10 solar
powered garden light. I thought they were £12 which was a bit dear, but
as
was in there ...
I got attracted to the shiney light because I'm a northerner.

Northerners take a pride in their homes and gardens.

So as well as a liking for shiney things another similarity to
Travelers and Pikeys then, their presence may lower the tone of area
but their own accommodation is usually immaculate.

How goes it in your Tower Hamlets flat these day?

I live on the Fringe of the Westcountry,not somewhere that the
residents of Blackpool and surrounding area feel a bond with because
they both have tower.

Moved social housing have you?
What has Blackpool got to do with anything?
Paris also has a tower.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2015 00:49, harryagain wrote:

They also want your email address if possible.

I number of shops I have visited recently have requested "and your email
address is?" or "your loyalty card details are not up-to date" or we
"will send you details on how to register your product by email" when
paying for goods. My response is to say that I don't have email that I'm
willing to give out for the purposes of receiving spam.