DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how do I get hot water on a danesmoor wm 12/19 (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/380241-how-do-i-get-hot-water-danesmoor-wm-12-19-a.html)

Ross.g March 7th 15 03:44 PM

how do I get hot water on a danesmoor wm 12/19

I have a Worcester danesmoor wm 12/19 , when you put it on to hot water it
only makes it warm and takes ages any ideas thank you

Martin Brown March 11th 15 08:25 AM

On 07/03/2015 15:44, Ross.g wrote:

I have a Worcester danesmoor wm 12/19 , when you put it on to hot water it
only makes it warm and takes ages any ideas thank you

Mine's a 15/19 and from a 70's vintage when "space-age" fonts were cool.

Chances are in that era the the hot water is a close coupled convection
circuit and so the hot water setting allows the boiler to fire and CH
controls the pump to circulate water around the entire system radiators.

Mine gets the hot water hot very quickly when it isn't driving the CH.

Basically something is wrong or the thing was never installed right.
IF there are any motorised valves then one of them is stuck.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown