Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door not unlocking on urmet 1130 handset.

When flat buzzer is pressed , buzzer rings in flat , we lift handset ,
switch on base unit extends . We can hear person outside speak but they
are unable to hear us . We then de-press button on base unit for them to
enter. They can hear a buzz at door but lock does not disengage and are
unable to enter.
Any ideas what could b the problem. Handset and base unit where knocked
off the wall. Souldered connection onto privacy switch had came off. I
resouldered wire and was then able to hear person outside speak . Thought
I had cracked it but unfortunately lock still not coming off.
Cheers john

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If the door is "buzzing", that suggests that the unlock signal is getting
through. Are other flats having the same problem?

Either way, surely this is a building maintenance issue, as the door
entry system maintenance should be part of your freeholder's
responsibility.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Adrian
writes
If the door is "buzzing", that suggests that the unlock signal is getting
through. Are other flats having the same problem?

Either way, surely this is a building maintenance issue, as the door
entry system maintenance should be part of your freeholder's
responsibility.

It may be buzzing, but is it buzzing as loudly and strongly as before?
Could you be missing a common return and it's trying to loop back
through some other part of the circuit? Does anything abnormal happen
when you try to buzz people in, apart from it not working of course?

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, November 2, 2014 3:44:04 PM UTC, John mc wrote:
When flat buzzer is pressed , buzzer rings in flat , we lift handset ,
switch on base unit extends . We can hear person outside speak but they
are unable to hear us . We then de-press button on base unit for them to
enter. They can hear a buzz at door but lock does not disengage and are
unable to enter.

If other flats can release the lock that (pretty much) rules out lock or wiring problems.

http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset%...%20Sheet.p df

Do you have 6-11-10 strapped?

Owain

Phone unlocking stuart noble UK diy 17 January 23rd 12 06:11 PM
Rewiring an Urmet door entryphone handset David Mason UK diy 4 January 18th 07 03:01 PM
diy unlocking Nospam UK diy 5 September 10th 05 08:05 PM
Additional handset for BPT door entry system Alan UK diy 4 February 24th 05 05:02 PM
unlocking radio L. Kotney Electronics Repair 4 August 31st 04 02:02 AM