Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vax Rapide XL: cleaning the cleaner

Our Vax Rapide XL has accumulated a lot of soggy fluff in the narrow
channels of the transparent plastic assembly that transports the used
water from the carpet surface to the dirty water tank. I've removed the
six screws but the two sections of the assembly don't seem to want to
separate.

Is there a non-destructive(!) way to get them to part, or another way to
remove the fluff?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, July 18, 2014 1:19:42 PM UTC+1, F wrote:

Our Vax Rapide XL has accumulated a lot of soggy fluff in the narrow
channels of the transparent plastic assembly that transports the used
water from the carpet surface to the dirty water tank. I've removed the
six screws but the two sections of the assembly don't seem to want to
separate.
Is there a non-destructive(!) way to get them to part, or another way to
remove the fluff?

I just flush the thing with water after each use, and if necessary squirt water up the intake. Once I also used a bit of flat plastic strap to move some stuff out the way. Disappointing that they dont disassemble.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to F, Hugh wrote:
To date I've flushed after use but had to clean a very dirty carpet recently
and I cannot shift some of the fluff - hindsight is wonderful when it comes to
poor design.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-984666-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 February 2019 18:14:05 UTC, Hugh wrote:
replying to F, Hugh wrote:

To date I've flushed after use but had to clean a very dirty carpet recently
and I cannot shift some of the fluff - hindsight is wonderful when it comes to
poor design.

Not tried this... I suspect you might get success by feeding string through using a wire, then pulling the strig back & forth with water in there to get the muck out. Or maybe you can get long enough pipe cleaners.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Hugh, Steph wrote:
It does open just be forceful with a screw driver and they pop apart

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-984666-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 March 2019 19:44:05 UTC, Steph wrote:
replying to Hugh, Steph wrote:
It does open just be forceful with a screw driver and they pop apart

or does he sell carpet cleaners?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Steph, Lyndsa wrote:
Are you sure, it comes apart ive been trying all day to separate it

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-984666-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2019 19:14, Lyndsa wrote:
replying to Steph, Lyndsa wrote:
Are you sure, it comes apart ive been trying all day to separate it

Most people on this group would use an angle grinder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

How old is this thread I wonder, I never look these days.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"alan_m" wrote in message
On 29/08/2019 19:14, Lyndsa wrote:
replying to Steph, Lyndsa wrote:
Are you sure, it comes apart ive been trying all day to separate it

Most people on this group would use an angle grinder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 29 August 2019 19:14:03 UTC+1, Lyndsa wrote:
replying to Steph, Lyndsa wrote:
Are you sure, it comes apart ive been trying all day to separate it

maybe some do some don't. Pipe cleaner time.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 21:04:55 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

How old is this thread I wonder, I never look these days.
Brian

Started in 2014, resuscitated in 2019 by 'Hugh', causing it to come to
uk.d-i-y. I suggest blocking all posts ending "for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com"
--
Dave W